Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Big island
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:53 pm 
Walleye

Went out this morning 4 of us first time I’ve ever fished off big island l always fish off huffs Sherman’s chruch much closer drive living down at that end of bay but ice is not great got invite and it was really good we got 7 walleye between us all very short window after 8am it was over with I think the sun being out really slowed them down once got high in the sky would been better I think on over cast day or more snow on ice 5 to 6 inches of ice pic of the 3 brought home

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Big island
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:45 pm 
Walleye Fry

Sounds like a good outing. I am coming up to Big Island for very early Tuesday and overnight into Wednesday. Likely grabbing a hotel room so will fish all day both days. I was wondering if any quads or sleds on the ice there? If I am spending all day on the ice I would like to pack extra so I am comfortable and would bring the quad. The ice is just at that iffy level. 6 is my normal minimum, but it has to be a pretty solid and consistent 6".

And I am old enough and experienced enough to know that you are not making me any guarantee. Just wondering if there were any machines out and if there were any pressure cracks to avoid. I will post an update on how things go for me. Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:37 pm 
Walleye

One guy that with said he saw quad I did not see it would I take one out no big bay is pretty big so can’t say for sure if it’s solid 5 to 6 inches every where as for pressure cracks looked pretty good you. Can see Where the ice has heaved up pushed around from melt and high winds in different spots just avoid those areas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:22 pm 
Walleye Fry

Tks for the info. I truly appreciate a sincere answer. Folks have been great on here so far in terms of sharing what info they can within reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:15 pm 
Walleye

No problem that’s what this fishing forum is about good luck tight lines

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:51 pm 
Guppy

Huge shout out the guys we saw over at bellville today, chatted a bit about my smitty sled and they suggested to head to big island! Marked a bunch, few chasers with 1 chunky 20" committing. If you are those 2 gentlemen and you read this, hats off you guys and thanks!!

Definitely saw a quad on the ice coming in from what looked like big shoal, very questionable as to why you'd have a quad on 4-5" of sorta black ice but there it was.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad