Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:21 pm 
Walleye Fry

Hi board members,

Haven't been out in a while (when I go I post results).
Why has there been so little reports recently (aside from a few members)????

I assume fishing is slow and there is nothing to report. A report of nothing caught is better then not knowing if there's anything out there.

Thanks
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

misterslim wrote:
Hi board members,

Haven't been out in a while (when I go I post results).
Why has there been so little reports recently (aside from a few members)????

I assume fishing is slow and there is nothing to report. A report of nothing caught is better then not knowing if there's anything out there.

Thanks
Dave
Slow?...you could say that...some have suggested it's gone into 'reverse'!!! :?

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:11 am 
Walleye Fry

Figured as much. At least I know for now.

Thank you Macadian, your input is appreciated

Dave

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:55 am 
Walleye Angler

fishing was good in a pair of waders in the moira last saturday, also seen a bass that just couldn't possibly be less than 6lbs, real monster, also real finicky since it wouldn't touch anything I threw at it, the smaller ones had no problem. If anyone else here fishes the river, just watch your step after all the big holes they dug. Mostly I'm waiting for the colder weather so I can have a shot at steelhead. how are others doing with their fishing, also wondering if the boat fishing is doing okay, that usually lets me know whats coming around to shore at night.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:58 am 
Guppy

Hoser, Which section of Moria river did you see that monster smallie? I usually fished close to the first dam and only see small smallies :?

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:38 pm 
Walleye Catcher

The fishing has been really slow as of the last 3-4 weeks. I have had a great year landing lots of walleye but is seems that Aug 1st, somebody sent them a message and told them to keep their mouths shut. It has been really slow but that should change with the full moon coming in this weekend. Lots of white bass lately
Good luck out there.
Sheldon

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:31 pm 
Walleye Angler

go further downtown, I use hipwaders and get close as I can to red lion pub, if you stand there long enough, some real monster bass will come right up and look you right in the eye!!! they are probably too occupied staring at me to eat which is why I'm not catching them, I'm using an 8wt fly rod with wooly buggers but having trouble as the chub and smaller bass won't let you get a shot at the bigger ones, I could of had that 6lbs bass except a 3lber got hungry and grabbed first, this kind of let things unsettled for a while, but I'm a really patient angler, I can stand without moving for 30mins. good luck out there, if you see they fly fisher who looks like one big tattoo, that's me, don't be shy and say hi, I'll even offer you some flys to try (I tie lots!!!) I'll give you some tips as well, rivers are my specialty and I tend to hunt smallies the same way I do brookies in the wilds. keep trying the lott dam, there ARE big ones there, they are just slower to bite than the smaller ones, but they are there, aproach in the water south of the first rock ledge, cast over it, and reel back towards you, saturday I caught a bass on every cast, like 20 in a row, my highest catch rate was last weekend, over 120 fish (although 2/3 were chub).
good luck!!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:20 pm 
Baitfish

Same result as Sheldon :cry:
But who knows it could pick up :)

Tightlines Bryan

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:55 pm 
Walleye Fry

Great Info
Thanks

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

just returned from Perfect Vue..arrived Tuesday...fished afternoon and evening...three boats...two in each..one boat one walleye, second boat, 2 walleye, then Katrina came in, pulled the boats Tuesday evening just in case..able to get back out Wednesday noon....one boat ...one walleye, second boat...two walleye...third boat..no walleye.. fished afternoon and evening...Thursday morning out bright and early..nice west wind... one boat no walley...second boat..no walley..third boat..still no fish...all came in for breakfast at 10...boat number two is the only boat to go back out on Thursday afternoon...piloted by me..worked Shermans...shore across from Shermans..trolled from Shermans to Shermans Launch to Perfect Vue..across to the silos..and up along the church...total fish..one mud cat and one gobie...poorest fishing ever had...rest of the crew called in quits and spent the rest of the day enjoying the company of each other...SuperDad stopped in Thursday evening and we had a nice chat...I am blaming it on Katrina...cant imagine the fisth arent there although did notice changes in weed line locations from a year ago and water much lower than a year ago..but..will come back next year...tight lines all

banner ad
banner ad