Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Nice Lakers off Ducks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:06 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Been chasing a few Lakers over past few weeks off Duck Islands, with this morning being the best.

Caught and released 8 in 3 hours.

Down at the bottom in 115- 125 FOW.

7 on riggers, 1 on a diver.

Very calm out there today.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

Nice...and I'm guessing you were the only boat...

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:38 am 
Baitfish

Good work. It's been a lovely couple days out there, the lake is being pretty chill.

Last week I put 2 dozen lakers on the boat solo, all before noon out at Salmon point. 6 double headers; It was madness. 60-90FOW, down 80 all the way up to 40. Didn't matter what I put down or where I put it, they were taking it, even hitting my cheater spoons. I was trying to NOT catch them.. change up gear, increase speed, they didn't care. I don't particularly like reeling in buckets, and I don't eat them so, I don't target them, but you just couldn't get away.

Tuesday they seemed to be sticking closer to the bottom where they should be & only hit on 1. Got onto a couple Browns a small coho, couple rainbows for the pan at home and 2 small Atlantics. Only the second time I've caught 2 Atlantics in one day, and only the 3rd time I've ever caught them at all.

Only marked one big hook all day.. patiently waiting for the silver to get out my way.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:49 am 
Walleye Angler

I was out south of the ducks on Tuesday and crazy temps where we first stopped. 61 on surface and still 61 at 90 feet didn’t hit 50 till 105 feet! We were in 140 feet of water. As we set up and started trolling it was interesting to see the constant changes on the fish hawk on the temp as well as our speed fluctuations at the lower depths. The winds last weekend definitely affected thermoclines! We hit numerous lakers three over twenty and had one good king on that somehow broke a snap!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:13 pm 
Jumbo Perch

We were out again on Sunday, for 3 hours. Lots of Lakers, but we were pleasantly surprised to land one midsized salmon.

Wondering if the salmon migration will start earlier this summer,
with this mild winter and now warm water up and down ????
Any bets ??

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:50 am 
Baitfish

Point Petre / Salmon Point are we typically count on the salmon coming in on Fathers Day weekend, and like a clock they started hitting.
I'm not sure that the water warmed up "early" over here, but once it started, it's certainly been warming up faster. It's going to have some effect, I'm just not sure that we know what that will be as of yet.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

It’s all based on temps throughout the season. Fish will follow temp and food. The temps out there can change based on prolonged winds that blow from one direction for a few days then shifts for two days. We have had lots of east north east winds last few weeks and they have altered temps in the lake. This happens all the time so rarely plays a factor as to when they will show up or not.. They have their migrational patterns which then get altered here and there based on weather moon phases water levels and currents. It’s figuring out that puzzle from day to day that gives you that success we all seek and being on the water fairly regular helps decide where to start each time your out.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:42 am 
Jumbo Perch

Thanks for the follow-up.

As we boat out from Kingston, this information helps us be more effective once on site.

banner ad
banner ad