Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Report Sept 1-3-4-5-7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:41 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Was out on the water last Thurs with PerfectlyPat and she was fortunate to attract a fish off the high shore with a 5/8 oz Fingerling. Unfortunately the fish got away. That was Thursday's effort.

Marked lots of fish over there.

Saturday, fished with my Dad, trolled over in Mallory on both sides and went back to the High Shore. Met Pete and Zippy over there. Zippy had one fish. We did nothing. Lots of fish below us, mouths closed tightly.

Sunday, out with my Dad and Laker John (my good luck charm), trolled by Old Church, I hooked and lost one. Trolled Mallory from Q6 into the 10 foot levels. Laker John hit a 16" eye and a 1.5lb sm bass. Headed back to High Shore with the trolling rods out. Using Snap weights and Taildancers, Laker John picked up a nice 3.5 lber. Still lots of fish over there.

Monday(Labour Day) my Dad and fished the high shores again with three way rigs and cranks - couldn't buy a fish although there still lots of fish on the graph.

Wednesday, Fished with Joe F. from Syracuse, trolled cranks off the Old Church weedbed, marked lots of fish again, but there were a LOT of floating weeds which made things difficult. Trolled Spinners at Kingscourt, the Green Buoy, and back to the Bayview shoal. Not a bite perhaps a couple of perch bites.

The main concern I have is the disappearance of the weeds, the weed beds around the Green Buoy and the Bayview shoal have disappeared from the 9 to 10' levels, they used to float on the surface. :?:

Will try again on the weekend and see if the fish have changed their eating habits, let's hope the bite returns.

If you have a VHF radio, I'll be on Channel 68, just give a call to 'Superdad'

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:01 pm 
Walleye

Nice report Dave,glad too see you keeping the board off life support. :lol: :lol: Hope too see you October 19th-thru 23rd.
Good Luck,roughrider

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:33 pm 
Walleye Angler

Sorry to hear the fish aren't biting SuperDad, but happy to know it wasn't just me last week...lol..

Picked up a 9 pounder on Labor Day out on the lake by Charity Shoal, with the boards out, took 4 hours of trolling to get that one, not much action out there either, only saw two other fish caught among the 7 or 8 boats out there. Fishing is bound to pick up as the cooler weather setttles in. Keep in touch.

banner ad
banner ad