Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kingston shores
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:00 pm 
Goby

I'm new on here and to kingston and figured this would be the place to see if it would be worth fishing the shores of Kingston. Does anyone know of a place or two I could try as I am from Labrador and am dying to catch some bass or anything for that matter but do not have a boat. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Kingston
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:16 am 
Walleye Catcher

You might try in front of the Kosa plant on the north cannel about 10km east of the lennox generating station. There is a small stream that flows in here. There have been some steelhead caught there in the past. The area has a variety of fish available in the area....Larry

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:41 pm 
Guppy

You can also try at the La Salle Causeway at night, I am not sure if the walleye are being cought right now but should be in the near future. Another spot to try is the big dock in Collins Bay right beside the church, It's a bit weedy right now though, good luck and welcome to kingston :)

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:19 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Hey Erglis,

Welcome to the area. I too fish more from shore around Kingston than in a boat.

The best places I've found are different depending on the type of fish you're looking for.

The salmon and trout should soon be coming in at the Hydro Plant, just outside of Bath as well as Kingston Mills. It's always a good time and fish. Personally, I use gummy bears but at the Mills, I've seen people throw everything in there.

I used to spend quite a bit of time fishing at the Portsmouth Harbour too. At the end of the far pier, dropping minnows straight down have produced some fantastic bass and pike. Getting minnows now, around this area though is almost impossible :cry:

At the begining of this pier, you'll see a break wall. Casting crank baits early evening, I've caught pike in the 10-15 lb range and walleye over 6lbs. This too is the case near the gas pumps close to the building at night. If you're an eel fan, that's the perfect place too.

As Hay Bay Larry has pointed out, across from the Kosa plant has (or had) fish. I used to fish this area a lot but they pretty much shut down the stream and the trickle that does come out now just doesn't seem the same to me so I haven't returned. If it does contain some steelies, please let me know. I;ll have to return. :lol:

Again, about the hydro plant, I was there last weekend. A lot of big fish were jumping but too far off shore. I'm not sure if they were trout or salmon but pretty sure they weren't carp. It usually has a lot of them around and huge ones at that.

I hope this helps and good luck.... if you're having luck, please share. :D

CHEERS!

banner ad
banner ad