Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:32 am 
Walleye

Got out early Friday morning as this was my long weekend off. Way too much fog to be bombing around Big Bay so I stayed along the shoreline of Sandy Cove for some bass; nothing. Finally could see over to Pt. Anne around 8:30 so trolled over using CCshads and Taildancers. Marked some fish but they were all on the bottom; again nothing. Trolled all the way across to Big Island and up towards Muscote Bay and not even a hit. Found that the water was very merky with some algae on the top still. Finally found some gin clear water at the mouth of Sawguin Creek so tried flipping and pitching some Bass Magnet tubes. Had one pick up but never got a hook into its mouth; that was it. Was wondering if the water is much clearer down towards Deseronto or Hay Bay?? Cheers

Post subject: quinte
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:07 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hi Jay
I had heard things were slow recently. I am heading to hay bay next week myself and wanted to know what I can expect....Larry

Post subject: Re: quinte
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

haybay larry wrote:
Hi Jay
I had heard things were slow recently. I am heading to hay bay next week myself and wanted to know what I can expect....Larry

Yea...that's fair comment. Was out for five hours on Sunday...fished the Napanee River lower reaches for bass...along parts of Long Reach to Sherman's point and Thomsons...just a few very small Smallmouths while casting with rapala Shad Raps etc. From what I could gather from guys casting for pike, trolling crawler rigs for Walleye, the slow (or non existent) bite is still on going. Got to get better...

Always another day.... 8)

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:13 pm 
Guppy

Jay wrote:
Got out early Friday morning as this was my long weekend off. Way too much fog to be bombing around Big Bay so I stayed along the shoreline of Sandy Cove for some bass; nothing. Finally could see over to Pt. Anne around 8:30 so trolled over using CCshads and Taildancers. Marked some fish but they were all on the bottom; again nothing. Trolled all the way across to Big Island and up towards Muscote Bay and not even a hit. Found that the water was very merky with some algae on the top still. Finally found some gin clear water at the mouth of Sawguin Creek so tried flipping and pitching some Bass Magnet tubes. Had one pick up but never got a hook into its mouth; that was it. Was wondering if the water is much clearer down towards Deseronto or Hay Bay?? Cheers

From Q42 right to the Skyway bridge is murky with little action. I did notice that a pro was out with an observer. In the couple of hours that I was out catching nothing he did manage to catch two bass that he stuck in the livewell.

John --aka Boomjack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:17 pm 
Walleye Fry

I will be up on Thursday through sunday. Stay tuned Sunday for a quick report. I'll be fishin, shermans/thompsons/mallory. I'll let you know. Have to rent a boat from PerfectVu cuz ours bit the dust

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:56 pm 
Walleye

Boomjack,
Yeah the CFT had its Classic out of Kingston. I was reading today that Mike Deforges who finished only a pound out of first place said that he was kicking himself because he had some really good fish going near Belleville. So they are out there, just would be nice to learn how to figure them out like the pros do. Guess we just need to spend more time on the water, Oh Well it could be worse. Good luck to all in this weekends final Quinte Series Tournament!! I am sure the bass will be happy when this years finally done.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:01 pm 
Guppy

Jay wrote:
Boomjack,
Yeah the CFT had its Classic out of Kingston. I was reading today that Mike Deforges who finished only a pound out of first place said that he was kicking himself because he had some really good fish going near Belleville. So they are out there, just would be nice to learn how to figure them out like the pros do. Guess we just need to spend more time on the water, Oh Well it could be worse. Good luck to all in this weekends final Quinte Series Tournament!! I am sure the bass will be happy when this years finally done.
Cheers

The last 10 days or so near my house on the narrows has been terribly slow. The two weeks prior to that were tremendous. Feast or famine. I felt like I knew what I was doing there for a while. =)

John --aka Boomjack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:04 am 
Walleye

Boomjack,
I will be probably heading up that way on Friday. I have the day off, and if the weather and the wind are reasonable then I will probably try some spots in the Reach and around the bridge. Hopefully this week the water will stay calm and let all the murkiness settle to the bottom then we might be able to see the weedlines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:18 am 
Guppy

Jay wrote:
Boomjack,
I will be probably heading up that way on Friday. I have the day off, and if the weather and the wind are reasonable then I will probably try some spots in the Reach and around the bridge. Hopefully this week the water will stay calm and let all the murkiness settle to the bottom then we might be able to see the weedlines.

My boat is coming out on Thursday, much to my chagrin. The water is so low at my place that I can't leave her in another week.

I could trailer her around, but I'm pretty new to the whole thing and I'm not ready to trailer / untrailer the boat alone. I've seen so many crazy incidents at the local boat launch that I don't want to be one of them. =)

John --aka Boomjack

Post subject: telegraph narrows
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

I was fishing around the skyway bridge and over infront of the lighthouse in the narrows sunday morning . There is still an alage bloom on the water in some spots. We managed about dozen bass but nothing of any size with a two and a half lber spitting my father-inlaws tube boat side. I noticed it was slow with the CFT guys fishing the area as well. It was a multispecies day as we caught walleye/largemouth and smallmouth. Also bumped into Superdad in HAy BAy later that day who had the boat loaded down with guests. They were out for a leisurely sunday afternoon troll. I had heard that One of the TV shows was down doing a show and did figure out a pattern. They had been throwing the smaller size Taildancers along weededges without luck and so decided to tie on the biggest size taildancer and cast from ontop of the weeds out into the deep water. They nailed a dozen fish all over 6lbs including some 10lbers and a 12lber. Not bad for a sunday afternoon while the cameras rollin.

banner ad