Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hay Bay Report
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:08 pm 
Walleye Fry

Still no bite.
The ministry stopped and asked if we were catching anything. We said nope, he said that's what everyone's saying.
Fished, ram island, thompson poiint and Mallory bay; Used bottom bouncers, all cranks, live bait, etc.
Marked a bunch in the usual spots but nothing would grab.
We only fished about 5 hours total.

Come on November
Dave

Post subject: Re: Hay Bay Report
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:34 am 
Walleye Angler

misterslim
Just wondered because I know those areas well. What time of day were you fishing? The evening 6pm till dark is usually best. The price of gas has kept me and my boat close to home so I've missed the 05 season there till ice up. A fishing buddy that lives in Picton was telling me things are a little slow but he is catching them. Another in Wellers Bay is also catching. I feel your pain, to see them on the finder and no bites is tough to take. If you can fish those heavy weeds...I moved to the Kawarthas, the lakes of weeds..It took a while after fishing the Quinte to get the hang of it. The weeds I mean. Try it and good luck. An Erie Dearie is amazingly weedless. "slug"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:09 pm 
Walleye Fry

We fished friday evening till dark and saturday afternoon till 4:30. 4hrs total
We didn't get to fish as much as we would have liked.
Thanks for info on where they are currently being caught. I will try again soon...November. I will definatly try the erie deerie. I haven't used it all summer. My buddy hit a 5lber on one of those....mid-summer.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:31 pm 
Walleye Angler

Try to find a spot and stay there, fish it the whole time. In the winter, your kinda stuck in a spot, I've found they will come to you. Perch first then walleye. Fishing is changing there but it sure is nice to head out in May and not be bumping boats, man I hate that. Some guys on the water are so rude. The pickerel are a challenge there now I agree, but the bass and pike are out of this world. No need to get skunked. That high shore that I know is great after dark use a "riplin redfin" crank bait Not sure of spelling, troll slow and quiet. The Picton Harbour is good right now. One night the borther in-law caught 12lb walleye a big pike both now on his wall and lost a Chinook all on the Harbour docks. "slug"

banner ad