Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:48 pm 
Walleye Angler

I wanna ice fish on Sherman's Point area. Any idea of shack rentals for that area for me and a few buddies?

Thanx

Slug

Post subject: Not much down that way
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:09 am 
Site Admin

Slug,
Ice hut operators are becoming extinct down that way. The guy closest to that area set up his hut near foresters Is. "moonlight hut rentals. Just click on the "Ice Hut Rentals" link up top of the page. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:18 pm 
Baitfish

Were is the best area for ice fishing, I have never been and with all that water it could be hard to locate the fish.

Tightlines Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:48 pm 
Walleye Fry

I think the best locator is here.

I check the board to see where there biting b-4 any trip out on the ice, and off I go. Year 1, 12lber through the hole (thank god for the expierenced ice fisher beside us who landed it), shermans pt. Feb.28. Year 2, hit huffs warf on the last weekend, heard they were hiting before dark up there. Lost one 4lber and I have a video of at least a 12lber coming through the ice and then going quickly back in. You have to see this. I have barely ice fished and I've landed one of the biggest walleye, + lost one for that matter (the video), ever seen with my own eyes.

thanks board. I will then post my results for the next rook who wants to hit the rink.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:52 pm 
Walleye Fry

Ohh, and don't worry about the huts, bring beer and a chair (essential), a couple buddies and walk out to shermans (better luck further out) or Huffs.

signed
Cheap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

I personally don’t need the shack if it gets too cold I can head to town. Have a beer and a burger. But a guy is driving from L. Erie west and he was looking for a package. He just may have to toughen up. There isn’t much to chose from. I met some new fishing pals that don’t know the ice or area and want to have a go at the Quinte. I know from Picton to the narrows. Most of that ice is good up to green point, someone had asked about the ice. My fear is any of these men I point this way may come back another time to a tricky spot they hear was hitting good. And find bad ice. Sometimes the a good bite and bad ice go hand in hand. That’s why I had picked Shermans. They could then fish from Glenora around to the east end of Thompson’s and right over to Shermans and High Shore.
Thanks misterslim I hope to see ya out there.
I was out fishing pickerel on Sturgeon L. tonight, fishin was kinda slow but managed 3 and a smallie and got the biggest muskie I’ve ever caught. I had only a rubber walleye net. I would have let him go anyway. It was easily 4'+, it was bigger than my dog. Sweet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:30 pm 
Walleye Angler

ME.INC wrote:
Were is the best area for ice fishing, I have never been and with all that water it could be hard to locate the fish.

Tightlines Bryan
"ME.INC" You can walk out from the road at the Glenora Marina and fish all the way over to Shermans. Or access the lake from Roblins Hill Rd. just off of HWY 49. That area the ice is usually good. I have better luck in the evening than the morning. A “Swedish Pimple” “Deadly Dick” “Mr. Champ”“a jig” or a “jigging Rapala” are your basic baits, just hang a minnow on them and go. I send people there because of the ice quality and there are fish there. If pike are your thing go shallow in Hay Bay. The Glenora area can cough up the odd whitefish. A nice surprise, rare, but it happens. “Slug”