Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:39 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Flasher's
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:06 am 
Walleye

I was thinking of buying a flasher for ice fishing or Santa to drop one off.Has anybody used a Lowrance X67 Ice Machine.I've seen Vexilar's being used,the guys I talked to said they are easy to understand.I read a piece on the X67 in the Walleye In-sider,they sounded pretty good. THX Guys

Post subject: fish finders
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:57 am 
Walleye Angler

A buddy has picked up one of these. Image I've always liked the LCR type with a screen. I have an old Eagle 9000. I pour a little minnow water on the ice shoot through the ice to look for structure.

I was thinking about one of these "smartcast" Image just for on the ice. As you can see it is quite compact. I have heard that these may not work on the ice. ?? Too bad, they're less than $100. Does anyone know for sure, will these work on the ice ??

thanks for any help guys :)

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:46 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Don't know if it helps tdoug but, I have a Vex and find it great to use. Wether for Perch, Lakers whatever. Neat watching them come to the bait and..whammo fish on :!:

There's another I've heard about too though getting good write ups, can't remember the name. If I remember I'll post it here for you.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:19 pm 
Guppy

If you go on Walleyecentral.com and perform a search you will find some comments on the Ice Machine. That's what I did some people are having issues with their units so I went with the Vex. I love it.

I hear the Marcum LX3 is a very good unit too.

Good luck.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:32 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Scorpio wrote:
I hear the Marcum LX3 is a very good unit too.
Good luck.

Thanks Scorpio,

that's the other one I couldn't remember the name of :!:

banner ad
 Post subject: Eagle cuda 126
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:25 pm 
Walleye Master

i picked up an eagle cuda 126 fish finder for about 130 us and its a nice unit small, cheep. and does the job in the boat and on the ice......... the sell one for about $50 more thats made to carry out on the ice but i just hook mine up to 2 ..6 volt square batteries and make it portable . in my small fishing boat i just hook it up to a lawn tractor battery and troll most the summer on one charge................ the thing fits in yer hand and seems to work quite well in the 2 years ive used it............. cant beat the price and seems to take soe abuse ........... im sure there is an eagle site where you can ceck them out on the web............... happy fishing!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:49 pm 
Walleye

I also use a vexilar, ! love it, once you use one, you will wonder how you ever fished with out one!!!!!............go with the Vexilar

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:18 pm 
Guppy

The most bang for your buck and feature loaded flasher today is the Marcum Lx-3 and the Marcum LX-5 . Last year only the Lx-3 was available but I had the oppurtunity to test it beside the Lowrance X67c icemachine and the Vexilar Fl-18 and at this point in time the Marcums are the most advanced in their tech without any issues . I could go into a long spiel here about it but if you do some research first I'm sure you will find plenty of comparisons already done but I'm here if you have any questions you would like answered . I will be getting an LX-5 later this year too because I am in need of a second flasher but the older version of the LX-3 has served me very well and I am sure will continue too .
While your doing your research and comparing pay some attention to the fact that Marcum is the only flasher out there that comes with a moveable , expandable zoom while its competitors the x67c icemachine and the vex fl-18 zoom only works on the bottom 6 ft .

TD

banner ad
banner ad