Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:02 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Two 15 pound BFW's!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:37 pm 
Walleye Angler

<b>[Big Frickin' Walleyes]</b>

and <b>NO!</b> - we didn't catch them <b><i>this</b></i> year......

Sheesh.

Anyway, here's my dad's awesome <b>15 pound 3 ouncer</b> taken just before dark on December 22, 2001 using a <b>silver/grey #9 Shad Rap.</b> True <b>aficionados</b> [or should I say "a-<b>fish</b>-ionados"] will recognize the background location. I really love this photo because of the colours, and because of how <b>HUGE</b> this <b>BFW</b> really is! What a <b>great day</b> for my dad.

Back in 1999, I <b>gave away</b> what could well have been <b>The Fish of a Lifetime,</b> when I handed the rod over to Paulette, a girl I had just met for the first time that day! [Man, did <b>Neil</b> ever tear a strip off of me for <b>that</b> cunning act of stupidity - sheesh.] We were fishing in the late morning off of the cement plant, trolling a <b>small silver CC Shad</b> on a <b>side planer.</b>

We brought Paulette's fish into the dock that Friday night at sunset in the hopes of finding someone with a digital scale, which we did. A crowd of about forty fishermen stood with their <b>jaws dropped</b> and their <b>mouths hanging open</b> while Paulette hoisted her <b>monster walleye</b> and giggled sheepishly, only then becoming aware of the <b>significance</b> of her catch.

And after <b>gawking</b> at that <b>enormous sow</b> for a minute or two [I mean the fish, not Paulette], the crowd suddenly turned on its heels and <b>raced</b> for the boats!

Does anyone here remember this blessed event? If any of you guys has a better picture, I would love to see it!

Anyway, this is Paulette's <b>15 pound 12 ouncer</b> that was caught November 19, 1999. This fish is actually <b>bigger</b> than my dad's, although Paulette is not presenting the fish to the camera as well. This is to be excused, however, with this being her <b>First Ever Walleye</b> and all. Of course.

[God indeed <b>does</b> have a sense of humour...]

Incidentally, both of these fish are <b>still swimming round</b> out there, so like, <b>go get 'em,</b> eh?

Cheers,

<b>"Pass the Pitons" Pete</b>

Last edited by passthepitonspete on Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: fish
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:48 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Hi Pete So hope you didn't let the old sow get away-sorry paulette! Good fishing women are few and far between!
Those are really nice fish.
And here's to many more to come!...Larry

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:02 am 
Hey Pete!

I remember that fish! Me and my buddy Joe were the boat next to you that day!

Right after you guys finished landing it we landed a 12.2 and then my personal best 13.6!

That day we landed 4 with a 9lber, 12.2 a 12.9 and a 13.6 (which was skinny for its 34.5 inches ) if she had been filled out like the others she would have been 16lbs plus!

I have a pic of her on my computer here but not sure how I post it?

See you this fall

Darren

banner ad
 Post subject: How to post photos here
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:20 pm 
Walleye Angler

The way you post photos here in a post is a two-step process:

First you must find the photo you want to post [any photo on the whole frickin' www!], and then you must link the photo into the post.

So the first thing you must do is get the photo out of your computer, and get it onto the www. The best place to put a picture of a fish caught in the Bay of Quinte is [co-incidentally enough] right here.

The way that you do that is you click here to go to the PHOTO GALLERY, and submit your photo via email to pictures@quintefishing.com.

Your photo should probably be in about the 40-80K range, and if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can email the photo to me at peterzabrok@cogeco.ca and I'll manipulate it and submit it for you. I'll even annotate it like I did my dad's photo above if you give me the info.

Once the photo has been posted, you must follow the second step, which is to link it into the post.

The easiest way to do this is to go into Netscape [not Internet Explorer] and go to the photo gallery linked above. Right click on your photo to view image.

This will open your photo in its own page of Netscape. Copy the url of the photo into the post you are making where you want your photo to appear, and put an [img]%20directly%20before%20the%20url,%20and%20a%20[/img] directly after it. This will put the photo directly into the post as you see above.

The beauty of this website is that you can see what your post looks like before you submit it, thus ensuring everything works the way you want it to.

A preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with.

You can click here for BB Code tips on quintefishing.com, and you can click here to look at my profile at rockclimbing.com, where you can see some really cool big wall climbing photos that were taken three thousand feet off the deck and that will surely steal your breath away. My profile will also give you some ideas about what you can do to make your posts here more interesting and creative.

If anyone needs a hand with submitting photos or HTML or BB code, send me a PM and I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Pete

banner ad
 Post subject: Buuuuuuurp!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:27 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just, like, a little bump, eh?

This is, after all, a Beg & Brag Board.

And like, if you can't brag about your own dad, who the heck can you brag about? Besides, we need a little reminder about the fishing that's coming up right now!

I'm heading out Monday if the winds are OK - so far, the forecast looks decent.....

banner ad
 Post subject: Must be the Fall
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:34 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

It must be the fall a Pete is back, Glad to see you have survived your many climbs and are you coming back to Quinte?

Regarding the posting of pictures, some of the photo sites won't allow you to use them for posting to other places, MSN is one that won't.

I found www.myfishingpictures.com on a suggestion from the Toronto Zoo Board and it works real well.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:53 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just a bump, to remind y'all what it's all about. Maybe this year it can be my turn.....

banner ad
 Post subject: wondering???
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:31 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

I was reviewing my address book this afternoon and passed Pete's name and WONDERED - Which rock is he under now?? Had to be a rock knowing Pete's preference of rock faces and crevasses.

Glad to see you're back Pete and you haven't fallen off a cliff somewhere.

See you on the water perhaps some time next month.

Look for the boat and say HI

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
banner ad