Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:51 am 
Walleye Master

hey guys. im kinda new to the area of prince edward county, but enjoy the fishing....... im new to the sport of Walleye fishing so im going thru the learning process.............. Ive spent many hours on my little fishing boat on east, and west lake, and i'm starting to get the hang of it kinda sortta lol.............. seems i can find the walleye now, and catch my share but all are small in the 12 to 16 inch range. i find the perch looking walleye diver works about the best for trolling why are the big fish eluding me? or is it thats just an average size for the small lakes? . Im a Yankee from NY so i come up here a few weekends each month weather, and time permitting.......... id like to fish Picton bay but dont know where to start out from thats how i found this message board, and thought id try to find a freind in the north to maybe show me a trick or two *L* ........ Did i mention i have the very best Deer, and turkey woods in my back yard home in the states............ onlu 4 houre drive away (Hint Hint) .... i find fishing , and hunting with a friend alot more fun than going it alone so if anyone is intrested in making new friends , here i am.... remember not everyone from NY is a city slicker who needs to be held by the hand when in the woods, or on a lake . but i do believe we woodsmen have to stick together to keep our sport thriving for generations to come.... im pretty much a catch and reliece person but who dont like to take a walleye home for supper now and then eh! lol.......... great sight, and ill look back often of hopes of finding new friends .

Last edited by Grizzly on Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

It's always nice to see a new name on the site. :)

East and West lake have smaller walleye, some biggies are caught there but most are the size you're catching.

The Picton harbour is not a bad spot, if your boat is small the harbour is sheltered nicely. We've caught 12lbers from the docks on fall evenings. Jointed floating body baits. We've caught pike, walleye, and salmon, all in the Picton harbour on the docks.

The water can get nasty farther out towards Glenora. If the weather is good you could put in at the Glenora Marina or the other side of the ferry. Deep divers are popular out there now. I'd pick a chad type colour, silver/grey with a slight purple to black on the back of the bait. The Dr. Death colour is one I found this year thanks to the good folks here. I may give my "CC chad" of the same colour a break for a while. The Dr. is in and looks good, but have yet to try it.

There is some interesting info and maps in the "Info. Articles" in the above header.

As for East & West lakes the bass are very good on both and I personally know of trout that come into those lakes from L. Ont. spring and fall.

I hope this is of some help. There are much better fishermen here than me. I'm sure some will post more good advice for you.

slug/tim

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:30 pm 
Walleye Master

thanks slug............ yepper. i can see ill be needing to stop at the bait shop for a few new lures after reading in here *LOL* .......... seems like there is never an end to a mans toy list.......... i feel sorry for you guys and how much lures cost up here. must be because its such great fishing! ............ ive found east lake a great place if you just want to catch fish.......... hard to troll more than a hundred yards befor reeling in some sort of fish, bass, pike, walleye.... west lake seems a little tougher but do find bigger fish on occation, also found the long nose Gar fishing to be alot of fun thru the early summer months .... i have fished on the docks in picton at night, but its usually the same story you should have been here last week. or they should be here next week lol .............. ill keep on keepin on thats for sure.............. id love to find a big perch area also. ive been out to wapoose in the early spring and cought some nice fish in early spring there but havent found a place out there to put in my boat so if you know any ill mark it on my county map............

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yea the U.S. prices can be good, I've had stuff shipped up a few times. You want to make a bunch of buddies fast, show up at the dock with a pail of U.S. priced fishing stuff. :lol:

E & W lake are great little lakes, great spot to take the kids. I don't know much about perch, as to a good location. I have found there was no shortage and the size in general is pretty good on the bay . I have heard Waupoos area may hold perch, I've not tried there before.

slug

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:50 am 
Walleye

Grizzly, you have a PM.

banner ad
 Post subject: wishing i was there
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:18 am 
Walleye Master

Ok im back home in NY .... traided in the poll for the Bow.......... traided the surf for the turf lol............. had a great night of fishing wensday. cought two pigs off the docks one 8 pounds, and one 9............. only fished an hour and had my limit of two nice ones................. brought them both home to dine at the hunting camp with my buds............. ok alst night i passed on a small buck and 5 does with the bow........... its just getting good now as the rutt is about to start! ............ good hunting, good fishing, so much to do and so little time to get er done lol............... i hope to make it back up in two weeks to do some fishing,, i didnt see any boats going in the water the night i fished............. but there was a few guys comming, and going on the docks ..... maybe i just beat the late crowd, thats ok cause i cought the only two fish i saw in the hour it took me to limit out............ good luck guys ... happy fishing

banner ad
banner ad