Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:35 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:57 pm 
I'm heading up this week to Bellville mostly targeting pike and bass, but wouldn’t mind checking out the walleye fishing.

Question 1: I was always thought if you find the deepest hole, you will find walleyes, is this right? There is a deep area just off of Snake Island has that area produced fish.

Question 2: Is there a better area boat driving distance (under 20 KM) from Bellville to get walleye.

Question 3: What presentation works best? I not into using live bait. Lures only.

Question 4: I’m a big catch and release guy but have heard walleye taste pretty good and won’t mind keeping one for the frying pan. What is a good eating size? Or what is a legal size fish?

Question 5: I hear people saying that the walleye population in the bay has been in a decline, is this true?

Any Info would be great.

Visit www.bigtimefishing.ca today

Post subject: Quinte Walleye
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:40 am 
Walleye Catcher

Mako
You have been fed some mis-information. There are LOTS of walleye in the Quinte area. This and last season have produced outstanding fishing.
You cannot keep fish between 19 and 25 inched. You may only keep one fish over 25". If you have a conservation license your limit is 2 or 4 with the regular license.
The eating size you are looking for would go about 15-19 inches. They would be good in a pan.
This I have heard as i don't eat fish myself but would fish all day if the opportunity presents itself!
Large baits work well,6-10 inch rapallas,snithwicksetc. All the big brand named lures have models that will work.
I have not fished the snake island area. I concentrate my time in the picton to hay bay[shermans point area].
Hope this helps...Haybay larry

Post subject: Thanks Larry
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:49 pm 
Thanks Larry for the reply. espically since 181 people viewed and and no one responed. I have notice more poeple view message and not reply on this message board than on any other I visit. to bad.

You can look for my report in the main threads

Post subject: Telegraph Narrows
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:16 pm 
I have never fished the Belleville area but telegraph narrows has good night fisshing. Rapala's and Smithwicks are my favorite as well but I am sure there are many other productive lures. Try from the light house and work your way west along the drop-off. Good luck!

banner ad