Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pointe Anne
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:02 am 
Guppy

Is there any good ice at point anne?Just got back from Nipissing and still of work till monday afternoon and would like to get in some Quinte ice fishing this is the only time i can do it.

Thanks for your info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:21 am 
Guppy

173 peolpe looked and not 1 reply to a simple Question about ice conditions at one place.I,m gettting more replys from other boards about this ? then i am from this one which is Quinte. Thanks for all your help.Not sure if the 4 hour drive for the weekend is worth it now.

Post subject: Ice at Pt Anne
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:37 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Haven't been out to Quinte - so unable to comment on the ice in that area.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 am 
Walleye Catcher

Slamming the board won't get you any answers. I have not been off point anne so I don't know. I also have not seen anyone fishing point anne. If there has been anyone that has the answers I'm sure they would have responded. There has been people off Potters and off Pete's . What the ice is like now I don't know. I can tell you that the fish have been bitting pretty good over the past 10 days but are starting to slow down a little. The only advise I can give is to keep an eye on the "New Moon" :wink: I have found they hit pretty good during this. Some people say it's superstition but I have proved the new moon rocks for winter walleye.
There should be enough ice to fish the bay but you may not get out on PT Anne.
Sheldon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:19 pm 
Minnow

Hey Molson... I checked this post and didn't reply, the title said "Point Anne" So I figured it might be a report. I bet about 150 other people did too. If your title had been "Point Anne ice conditions???" You probably still wouldn't have had any replies, but there would have been less views. Don't forget, the majority of the members here don't live in the Quinte area. Most of us only visit the area a couple times a year. Which is why we visit the site. To keep informed and avoid making a 4 hour drive to find out that the ice aint safe. I have read about safe ice in a few posts here, sounds like there are some good fish being caught too. Now, where shall I go this weekend??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

Molson;
If someone knew the ice conditions there they would have replied.I don't fish over there so i don't know.If you asked how the ice was a Big Island i could have told you 4-5 inches.Jumping all over the fine people on this board for not relpying with information that they don't know is not likely to help you in the future when you ask for information that they do know.If you come down this weekend you might want to check out Big Island or the Poters Creek area just outside of Belleville.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:06 pm 
Walleye Angler

I agree the people of this forum are great, and have an awesome wealth of experience.

You got those views, because others were looking just like yourself. Holy cow, you just posted the question the other day....Patience go a long way....

In my opinion, and keep in mind I haven't been to Pt. Anne this year, the ice there is not gonna be on my list anytime soon. I don't like those restricted water areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:08 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Not to jump on anybodies side but it does seem that the posts really slow down at this time of year,could be that there is not as many hard water anglers than other seasons...I dont know.I check the board almost daily to keep up on reports and conditions cause I love the area and would like to travel the hour or so to fish it.More frequent reports would be nice but I`ll take what I can get. I am suprized that a place like skevies doesn`t post conditions and let people know the ice is okay here and not there.As soon as I knew it was good in some areas(the fishing and the ice)..{not looking for direct spots} I would of come down and spend some $ and give it a try. I go to scugog often and to get an ice report is simple.Maybe I dont know the right people down your way???
By no way is this a slam to the board or its members just always eager to here reports....good/bad
fishman aka teppy on other boards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:22 am 
Guppy

Just got back from Quinte yesterday. The ice is not the best but after driving four hours and finding some good ice was not a problem. We caught some smaller walleyes this trip but it is always worth the ride. Go be safe and bring your float suit!!!!!!! We fished the long reach area just watch out for the swath that the ice breaker left. 3-5 inches of ice most places exept in the channel where the boat went.

banner ad