Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:29 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: They're Biting
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:31 am 
Walleye

Hello and Happy New Year to all. Have been fishing Belleville (a little east of Cow island) for the past two weeks and they have been on big time. Only fishing in about 10 ft of water about 150yrds off of shore. Don't know what it is but about 8am and 4pm they start coming in in schools to feed. Have gotton a couple of nice ones around the 7lb mark but most fish are perfect eaters in the 15 to 18 inch range. There is about 8 inches of good ice. If anybody knows Reids rock pile, we have been just out from there. There have also been guys out from Herchimer but haven't heard if they are catching anything. All fish have been on green and gold, mostly Mr. Champs but the swedish pimple has also produced. Anyways I am off to Cuba for the next week so hopefully it will colder than a witchys you know what then we will be able to get the atvs out to big bay for the brutes. Have a good one!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:39 pm 
Walleye Angler

Nothing for us today about 5 miles out the River Rd. from Napanee. We observed 3 fish caught and nothing else....not even a bite. Hopefully with another weather change allegedly just around the bend.....well hopefully....lol
Regards
Don Stokes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:10 pm 
Hey Jay,

My folks live right in front of where you are fishing, and they have been feeding me reports of how many guys are on the ice and how long they have been staying out. :) I've was suppose to come up last week but got busy with work.

I usually get out in Feburary to the exact spot your saying, but I'm targeting perch.

How have the perch been hitting?

Here some pics from last year.

11.5 Jumbo

Last edited by Mako on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

We caught a total of six today including one 9-10 pder., that was released. It was a very tricky and sporadic bite.
Regards
Don Stokes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:32 am 
Walleye Angler

Quote:
It was a very tricky and sporadic bite.

I agree, just a soft nudge, and watch the line move. Great weather to be on the ice, just a little slick walking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:51 am 
Walleye Angler

My final fish for the season (back to work in BC now) was yesterday. I caught three with few fish observed, and another extremely tricky bite. 2 at a bit over a pound and one about three pounds. I look forward to being back home in June for a bit.

It has been a great time and it was nice to see and speak to old friends and family. I got to see a few deer, wild turkeys and a few cardinals.

I love my home here and miss it and my family, friends a lot despite having a satisfying line of work serving BC and AB. See you in June.

Regards
Don Stokes

Post subject: fishing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:10 pm 
Guppy

ya im not from bellville im down heer playing hockey and im looking for a good place to ice fish on qunite im located in belleville but im not sure were to go fishing out on the ice if anybody could help that would be great

Thanks

banner ad