banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New guy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:11 pm 
Goby

Hi everyone Could someone point me in the rite direction to ice fish for some walleye on the BOQ.Iam not to shure on where to go or were there is safe ice.Iam not looking for anyones hot spots ,i just would like to ice some nice eyes. Iam coming from Fort Erie so any help would be great .so that iam not wasting my time driving instead of fishing.Thanks for any help

Post subject: fishing spots
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:39 pm 
Walleye

most of the reports coming back to my store for good fish and ice have been herkamur-(spelled like it sounds) and petes point. The one point i wish to make is , dont venture out pass the guys that are fishing the bay is not froze all across and we have a lot of current going through the bay. The fisherman that report back to me on the spots are saying that in the good areas we have 6 to 8 inches of ice. So far this week both places that i mention have been producing big fish as well as good eater size. have fun but please use saftey and commom sense. I should also mention that the Trent river is a definate no no. its wide open and with the fast current going through the river its even dangerous out on the bay in front of the river. The city of Belleville has a ice breaker contracted this year to keep the Moria river open to help prevent flooding in the spring so this boat is making sure the mouth of th river does not freeze therefore do not venture out in front of myers pier or near their.

banner ad
banner ad