Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 01/29/2006 Fishing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:58 pm 
Walleye

The Syracuse, NY crew got to Ron's (Skevy's) @ 6am and got all of our supplies and headed for Herchimer. Ron was great - thanks for all your help and advice.( I'm the guy who brought you dougnuts- a** kisser). Good ice, 4- 10" . We caught a lot of small fish 7"-12" - perch and walleye- the only ones of any size (1) 4.5lbs and one 3lbs. We had several other good feeling hook-ups but lost 'em. My buddy Don lost a pig halfway OUT of the hole- 10+lbs. No such thing as gaf and release- so that happens (not against gafs, just wern't keeping fish this trip). We fished from 7:30am-5:30pm and never left the ice. Nice day to do one of those. Although we fished Williams, Hopkins, Pimples, jigging Shad & Rapalas, etc. all (3) of the sizeable fish were caught on Side Winders, 1/2oz, chrome. The fish Don lost was on chrome with green tape put on it. We used both mudders and shinners in 15.5' of water and all three were caught between 12:30 -1pm. Not a lot of people out- maybe 30- but ANYONE I went past was incrediblely friendly. I can't wait to get up there on the 11th & 12th to be guided by Rick hardwater!! With my luck Martycoo will probably respond to this and I'll be up there this weekend again. Thanks for all the info. from everyone on this forum!

Post subject: Im off this weekend 2!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 am 
Walleye Master

Get your a$$ up here and come catch some big ones with me!!!!!!!
Im off tues, weds., sat. and sun. was out this mornin and nothin managed to hit! Going back out tho we will see but love to go fishing with ya!!!And hey be quiet about the sidewinders im using the green one! LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:08 pm 
Walleye

I wish I could get out there before then. Not going to happen though. I appriciate the offer and would love to fish with you. Maybe we can hook up for the last weekend-25th.? Let me know how you did today and through the week.....Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:16 pm 
Walleye Master

Today was slow! Didnt see anyone pull anything up in that area! Im thinking of trying cow island tomorrow!

Post subject: fish are funny
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:52 am 
Walleye Master

....... funny i was catching good fish at herkamer and then all the guys got there, and the fish seemed to have moved off , maybe its the atv's. cars, relentless hole drillers but, it sure hit bottom when i fished all day saturday around 40 guys and cought two fish......... so monday i went to big bay off big island, saw 2 other men and cought fish 4 hours streight,,, hardly had time to light a ciggy.... seemened every fish i cought was quality as well ..... i guess these boards, can make you or break you but what the hell meeting cool guys here or on the ice is always welcome. just seems funny how everyone seems to bunch up around a few huts thinking that must be were the fish are, when we all know they like to move around ...... please keep the updates comming..... im more consurned about the ice conditions more than anything, because we all know a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:35 pm 
Walleye

Thanks Greg for the nice comment. I'm trying my heart out to be as knowledgeable and sincier as I can. I knew you guys were going to do good. After you fellows leff the store that morning I thought just my luck the info I gavr them wont work today . I' m happy that my advice on the sidewinder and green prisom tape worked for you. see you onyour next trip. your friend always Ron

banner ad