Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:26 pm 
Walleye Master

Ice good and lots of fish . i fished from 7:30 til noon and cought 10 very nice perch, a 30 inch pike, and 2 5lb walleyes and lost what i think to be 10 + pound walleye that was 3/4ths out of the hole when my line broke...... i reached in down to my elbow with man to fish combat but the fish won *LOL* so anyone catch a nice one with a silver red tipped rocket in his choppers you can thank me for the new lure :wink: the ice was soft on top but a good 6 inches i went in from big bay and only a small hand full of men on the ice but looks like everyone was catching some . im going back to NY and hope there will be ice in two weeks , save me a few fish............ Ill Be BACK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:36 pm 
Walleye

The one that got away......that's catch & release! Almost enough to make a grown man called "Grizzly" cry. You have my word, if I catch that fish, I'll give your lure back! Sounds like you had a great time! Did you fish Sunday? Nice weather. Glad you had a productive safe trip and good reports.

Post subject: Cry is right
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:58 pm 
Walleye Master

yep. cry is right *L* . i hate loosing a lure. in a tree, in the rock, and definatly in a fish! *LOL* but i put all the rest back but one i gave to an old timer i know who likes a good walleye dinner now and then...... Sunday was a big bust for me, see my sugnificant other lives up there so i had to spend my sunday morning with her, then it rained sunday evening so i never made it out. but .... But...... i do believe the fish gods smiled down on me monday for spending some time with the wife *Laugh* and it was a good day to be out there. warm, no wind and fish were jumping on the hook....... i do believe id have cought more walleye but the perch were hitting hard... all nice 1 pounders sometimes hit on the drop . the pike was a big bonus......... i did make a note to myself,,,,,,,, use heavier line stupid 12 pound test just dont get it when yer fightin the big boys ......... good luck and hope ya make it back up and hope it gets damm cold for a week or two

banner ad