Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:09 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Just back from a little ice scouting road tour out River Road + around the north shore of Hay Bay. Saw no sign of fishermen out the River Road. Ice is pack ice [frozen chunks] for about 10 yds out + looks spooky to try crossing. At Huffs Road there were 5 people on the far side a bit to the east. Some footprints going out a little ways + no pack ice there. Hickory Lane had no sign of life + pack ice going out about 20 yds. A sheltered cove down near Sherman's Point had 2 huts + 1 guy out with an ATV. Across from Kaisers farm there were about 7 huts about half way out. From there down past Ram Island + the rest of the North Shore there was no sign of anybody. Guess I'll be heading to Big Island + Hay Bay church this week. My nephew has property at Big Island near the marina there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:16 am 
Walleye Angler

The Ziffel, did you get out to the church? Stay away from Hickory lane, a fellow fell in there on the weekend, lost his sleigh, lures,etc.

banner ad
 Post subject: reply to l mckeown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:06 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Got out to the church yesterday around 4 in the afternoon. Just came from big island to there. No fish either place, but plenty of I believe perch bites. Should have stayed home. The wind was brutal. Going to big island this afternoon. Where I fished it is a really long ways out to the huts that are there. Lucklily, I can park at my nephews place as parking seems very lmited. Apparently the fishing was very good Sunday night. Maybe catch you on the ice yet this winter.

banner ad
banner ad