Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:36 pm 
Walleye

Started fishing around 3:20 pm. Finally hooked one around 4:15 pm, was a nice 4-5lb eye. Just about to bring it up through and it decided to go for another run. As it darted off to the side the stinger hook got caught on the side of the hole and the lure stayed and the fish took off. Oh well, probably would have thrown it back anyway, just nice to feel that thump at the end of the rod. Ice was very inconsistant, I drilled one hole that was about 3.5 in and drilled a second one 4ft away and it was 6.5 in and it was very clear. I could actually see the fish under the ice about 2ft beside my hole as it was coming up. Also a buddy of mine who has also been fishing the same area have been finding the fish to be very pale in colour, like the ones you see in the states in Magazines with a very small head and small mouth. Would these fish be from the lake or maybe with the open water they lost thier colour with the sun penetrating through. Anyways that was my only big hit of the night, was off the water by 5:15pm due to Valentines plans. There were also some guys who have been fishing there all year and they always catch fish out there and saw them pull up a couple. Good luck to all!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:00 pm 
Walleye Master

Good Job BUD! At least you got it to the hole. 5 pounder is on the verge for a keeper. Why you using them stinger hooks, we never use em, unless fishing for Pike! The ice is so unpredictable this year, just stick to where its safe and keep your wits! I got up to the fishing show yesterday and Got me self a 2006 Quantum Catalyst 30 for my reel for 115 and a shimano convergence med heavy action 7'0 for 74. The show sucked by the way unless you know what your looking for!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:16 pm 
Walleye Angler

you went to the show?? was there anything there a fly fisher might like ?? 8)

banner ad
banner ad