banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Argo ice?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:34 pm 
Goby

In addition to the cc shad00 post. Maybe iceman can help. We're hoping to come down from Peterborough tomorrow (Tues) early AM. I've only fished off of Petes point and the Massassauga Conservation area. Any idea on those two area ice conditions? Would you know when Skevys is open in the morning for minnows and possibly directions? I've tried phoning but no answer. Is there enough ice for Argo use somewhere with hopefully a good bite happening? Thanks and tight lines.

Post subject: ice
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:50 pm 
Jumbo Perch

There's enough ice for sleds/bikes at herchimer. One dude had a samuri out there. O only made it out for 3 hrs sunday and all I got was a perch for the effort. Apparently it's been off & on there the last couple weeks, there's a few older local lads that are pretty confident in the area. I was just happy to find some ice!

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:06 pm 
Goby

Graembo, could you tell me where herchimer can be found? The fish is a bonus. Good ice is essential. As well if Skevys happens to be closed is there another bait shop? Thanks.

Post subject: ice
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:02 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Herchimer's behind (south of) the hospital (follow the 'H' signs) and to the east, down along the shore, can't miss it. Skevy can give you detailed directions, not hard to find. Doubt he'll be closed, he's smarter than that(hopefully)! He was still open last friday after 7pm when I rolled into town. (Figured I'd be using striploins in the morning for bait, but he was open)

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:40 pm 
Goby

Thanks for the info Graembo. We decided on Petes Point this morning instead. Didn't set up until about 9 am which as you know is pretty late. We didn't fish too long mainly because of the wind. Nothing happening other than the odd perch but really given the time frame this isn't a fair assessment. The ice in 12' of water, about 3 inches. Seemed solid but I personally like a couple more inches. Closer to shore about 8 or 10 inches. Be Careful and tight lines.