Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spring Fishing Show
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:25 am 
Walleye

I have one thing to say about the show it SUCKED!! I have been going to the show off and on since it started, there is only half the vendors there use to be.Le Barons wasn,t even there,talk to Stacy Ash up there he was helping Big Lake Boats,he said at $9000.00 a booth for 4 days is crazy,you can't make money that way,he said he can give better deals at home.Me and the better half spent about 1 1/2 hours there walked it twice,left went to Bass Pro Shop and the to Le Barons to pick up the 2006 Catalogue.She got a new rod and reel there,I picked up some line and some lures.When all said and done it cost $67.00 in gas, $24.00 for show,$45.00 @Bass Pro and $40.00 @ Le Baron's.But to spend a day with your wife priceless (I hope she doesn't read this) :lol:

Post subject: show
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:47 am 
Walleye Catcher

It's too bad to see the quality of the show's going downhill. At the booth pricing you can understand the vendors staying away.
Don't forget the costs to the exhibitors you don't see. Bringing in staff to cover the event if they are from out of town. One of the biggest costs-parking for everyone. It ads up very quickly. I have been an exhibitor and know the costs first hand...Larry

banner ad
 Post subject: Spring Shows
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:08 am 
Minnow

TDoug man do I hear you.... the Ottawa show is this weekend and I will drop the money to go but only because I have Cabin Fever so bad. Basically I know going in that the show will be .... so so.

Nothing will ever match the old shows where you could walk around all day with your chin hitting the floor from all the deals around the show and all the cool new stuff being offered.

I would highly recommend that everyone come up to a little Sping Fishing show in Carp that we have every spring that is starting to become the show to hit now where all the tackle boys come out now because it is so much cheaper to get a booth. Friendly and almost like the good ole days.

I will try to post when the show is on in the near future.

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: Spring Shows
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:56 pm 
Walleye Angler

Well...visited my first show just 3 years ago and even I notice a difference. Talking to a few peple I know who were exibiting were only there because their franchise deals with certain companies made it 'non-negotiatable'. Otherwise they would have passed. Seems the cost of booths is the main concern. In days gone bye, all three shows were attended (Boat, Fishing & Sportsman's) however, choices are now being made and the Fisherman's show seems to be the one that is being 'passed' of the three, on a commercially viable basis.

Deals were non existent in the main, ended up spending my bucks at Bass Pro on the way back :oops:

Sign of the times I guess.

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

banner ad
 Post subject: fishing show
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey Mac,
I,ve been telling guys that for the last 5 years. The show is pricing itself out of the market. LeBarons quite a few years ago and just put on there own sale. BPS is having a sale on Mar. 8. Better to go there on Gander Mountain
in the spring where i have been going the last couple of years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

banner ad
 Post subject: Toronto Fishing Show
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:59 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

I felt bad because I missed this show AGAIN for the fifth time, BUT now, I don't mind missing it after the comments here and other places.

I think we're going to the Ottawa Sportsmans Show on Thurs.

will report our findings.

Stay Tuned

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:56 pm 
Walleye Fry

I agree, the show is getting smaller.I still did have that kid in a candy store feeling though. My girlfriend and I enjoyed talking to Leo and Ron from Fish TV. They were alot of fun. We did get a really good deal on a boat. Talk about impulse buys ! I thought I was just going to buy lures! I sure could use some tips on rigging the thing. I guess thats another topic. Bring on the open water!!!!

banner ad