Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ice and bite report.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:10 pm 
Walleye

Well feloow fisherpeople it was another great weekend for some and not so good for others. The people that sat at home with cabion fever really missed out again, The people that went back to the same place for the last 20 years also missed out. The fisherpeople that went out and worked different areas produced big time. Big bay is still the hot spot but you have to work it. Two of the guys that report back to me on all conditions found some great spots on hay bay the first day and had to find the fish again the second day. I had another fellow check out Pete's Point for me and he and his buddy slammed the fish. He said the ice is good and the fish are there, They not only got walleye but some huge pearch. Herkamur(spelled like it sounds) is still slow. Their getting fish but nothing like Big Bay and Pete's point.I had a report on the ice trenton way and it is still very dangerous so stay away.I personally went for a drive that way and there is way too much open water. Hay bay is producing but the local guy I talk to from that area is telling me that one day you can fish on 6 inches then the next you will have only 2 inches. What this is all about I dont know why. We are int the last of ice fishing season and from the phone calls I'm getting from people thet are coming this way we are going to have a very busy week, so lets have fun but lets all be save. Good fishing and tight lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:17 pm 
Minnow

Thanks for the great report Skevys. I, like Superdad, will be breaking my ice fishing virginity this weekend and I'll be in to the shop on Saturday afternoon for some bait and some advice. Keep up the great work and let's hope they're still biting.

banner ad
banner ad