Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: guess what I did
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:00 pm 
Walleye

Finally got to go ice fishing (believe it or not). Had a great time with some real great guys. Went out to big bay area good solid 10-12 inches of ice where we were. I landed 1 walleye one whitefish and a jumbo perch. Lost two bigens(walleye) at the hole. one other guy from the group put 5 on the ice. we did not keep any. The hot spoon was the hopkins smoothy, silver green and silver blue. this mornings report --- same area is hot and the same spoons killed them. There are guys going out from Pete's Point and catching fish. The ice is starting to break-up so be carefull. I highly recomend from the report I received this mornig from this area is not to go. Hekamur (spelled like it sounds) still good ice but the bite is not all that good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:26 pm 
Minnow

I was out this afternoon from Herchimer and caught 1 10 pounder on a williams wabler gold finish .
The ice was 7 or 8 inches where I was fishing .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:16 am 
Walleye

Congrats, glad to hear you overcame your fears. Where did you go on the ice from?? Petes is still pretty solid, a good 6-8 inches if you go out at the 2 o'clock direction from the launch. A buddy of mine was out lastnight and crossed the pressure crack. I guess they have it marked where they are crossing with sticks. He got some Jumbo perch but the guys that he was with put eight fish on the ice. The ice looks choppy but there is a good 6-8 inches where they are. Silver and gold champ was the hot lure. I would not venture straight out as some guys are saying that there is only 3 inches once you get to the current. Anyways hope everybody has an amazing last weekend and my the fish gods be with you. Cheers