Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: READ THIS
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:53 pm 
Minnow

i was out fishing tonight around 4:00pm. off of herkamur.i noticed a bit of a comossion.so i took a look and sure as s*^t there was a truck with the front tires broke threw the ice.THIS WAS'NT CLOSE TO SHORE! 8O

It was east side of herkamur (to your left when you stand at the boat lunch and look out at the bay).in front of the (bakea light plant).There has been been a presure cranck there since about jan 20th or so.

As you all know there was a pretty good snow storm this morning,which covered the bay and the presure crack with snow.the person was driving along 8) . all the sudint blunk!The front end droped broke threw. he got it out withthe help of another truck about 30 min later.no one was hurt.

So wacth the presure cracks.And have caution at all times!!!!! :idea: :idea:

Post subject: *Shaking head*
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:36 am 
Walleye Master

. It wasnt a little yellow tracker type suv was it? ................ that guy has been driving out there right along......... ive been wondering when he would fall thru .............. ... it always amazes me the chances people will take to save them from walking.. that place has been covered with men drilling holes for months now......... wouldnt you not wonder about the chances of driving in an area that just had a group of men drilling 15 holes in a small area the night before? . my luck i would park on that very spot............. gald they are safe, and made it out........ i have to admit i never like it when someone drives past me in a truck, snow machine, or atv. you wanna kill yerself fine, but dont be taking me down with you! . personally i think it disrupts the Ice, the fish, and my peace and quiet. still who am i to complain. im just another guy doig what i love to do. thats enjoy the sport, the people, and the enviroment. not mention getting a lil exersize, and fresh air!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:39 am 
Minnow

I agree grizzly , I have watched the fish on the fishfinder go right to bottom and quit hitting when the 4-wheelers start running around .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:05 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I felt the same way until this year when a buddy of mine pulls up to me with his atv and I`m fishing 5 fow on scugog. I figured it would take a good 30 min. after he left before I`d get another hit but..... low and behold I`m talking and his bike is idling and bam a walleye and then bak my partner about 15 ft away gets one. I kid you not.... the bike was idling and we were talking.So as with fishing you just never know!!
I`m guessing that is what keeps us all coming back for more.
fishman

Post subject: N
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 pm 
Minnow

NO IT WAS A BLUE AND BLACK CHEV BLAZER.BIKES/SLEDS ARE NOT BAD.ITS 1/2 TONE TRUCKS AND CARS.THAT MAKES YOU WONDER IF THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.

banner ad