Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:46 am 
Walleye Master

. ok ive had alot of people asking me how to do it so ill post here and hope it makes sence to you guys..... First. you need to go to a web based site to post your pictures . Geocities will work . i like using a place Called PHOTOBUCKET.com........... you go there and sign up for free.... give your page a name and pick a password.......... then you must download your pictures from your hard drive to photobucket. this gives them a URL destination..... now you must link your picture here using the url photobucket gives to your picture.............. this is also a great place to store your pictures so they arnt all clogged up on your own hard drive using up your computer space! . i like photobucket because it gives, a URL, a Tag. and a Picture code. i use the picture code from photobucket just copy paste it here on this site and it seems to work fine......... By the way how do you like that 41 inch 13 pound pike EH?
Nice pic just before dark looking at the bay bridge from hercamer. all i can think when i see it is . burrrr. im darn cold but cant leave til its dark. i know ill get another bite soon *Laugh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:59 pm 
Walleye

Hi Grizzly.
My Bro in law caught this guy today. 43 inches. Weighed 23.5 on the grocery scale and bottomed spring scale at 20. They look very similar in girth, both fatties and length is close. I think you have a much bigger fish than you think. I am trying to attach pi.
Cheers Clark.
http://www.geocities.com/walleye320/photopagetan.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:17 pm 
Walleye

Hi all.
Grizzly that was my first attempt at posting pictures. It didn't work out as I had wanted to. I have spent four hours trying to post the pics and that was the best I could do. Oh well. My Bro in law is going to mount the fish as he had a heck of a time getting it through three feet of ice and it was bleeding badly. This to me isn't a big pike but as I said he won't eat it and it was going to die. I think He made a good choice. I will try and post his big Walleye that won big fish in Pine Falls MB.
Cheers Clark

Post subject: nice fish
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:50 pm 
Walleye Master

wow thats some pike bud. looks alot like a musky ......... way to go!

Ok bud the way i made that work is i went to your site, found that pic. i right clicked and looked at properties there it shows the URL. i copy pasted the url and came back here here you click once on img then you copy paste the url from the site, then you click image again thats all there was to it! .. good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:22 pm 
Walleye

Hi Grizzly, just trying again.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/ ... 13Lber.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:25 pm 
Walleye

Post subject: almost buddy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:31 pm 
Walleye Master

you got the url. yer almost there . in the little boxes above you need to click the IMG box.. then past that url. then click the IMG box again....... poof its there.... hey you got it to work
good job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:57 pm 
Walleye

Hi all.
I apologize for my inability to post pics, but I think I now have it.
Grizzly I think you should look again at your 41 inch pike as it is as fat as this 43 incher. I think you had a much bigger fish than you think. Also thanks for the help.
The big walleye picture is my Bro In law at Pine Falls, MB with a 13.9 lber. He won big fish of a very expensive walleye tournement twice in 3 years. Up there they are called Green Backs because of their distinct color and size.
The Pike was caught 75 miles north of Red Lake Ontario on a shiner. I personally have caught much bigger Pike in red Lake than this one.
I apologize to everyone on the site as these aren't Quinte fish and I am not trying to advertise for anyone. I just thought I would try to put some pics of some fish on the site as the season is closed now in your area.

I come from Red Lake and haven't fished much in Southern Ontario even though I have been here for 10 years. I am lucky to be able to fish Red Lake as often as I like even though I live here. I had planned to fish Quinte on march break. Thatt's stupid. I didn't know that quinte was closed march 1. As I said I come from Red Lake and the seasons never change nor do the regs. So I am sitting on an airplane going from Red Lake to thunder Bay, and I am board. I pickup the regs and actually start reading them when I realize why all the guys on this forum are saying hard water is over. What a block head. I really thought I was coming to quinte for a big fishing trip on March Break.
That's a bummer.
Now I am trying to explain to my wife why we are going to Red Lake for March Break. She's not coming, so she says. Heres a pic of her last summer.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/ ... bay013.jpgImage

Last edited by Walleye on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:53 pm 
Walleye Master

I had a 40" plus to the hole, didnt want to grab it( injury it or myself) so Just as I tried to pop her up the hole the sucker turned into the ice! O well great fight felt over 15 pounds and was very girthy! The season is still open down here for Pike till the 31st I think!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:54 pm 
Walleye

Hi all.
Grizzly I am haveing fun now. I am pasting another pic of the 13.9 Green back. you will notice the guy holding the fish is differant. I think I look better than my Bro-inlaw. He however still got the cheque.
Cheers Clark

Post subject: Nice fish
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:36 am 
Walleye Master

. wow thats a cool fish,,,,,,,,,,,,, the color is crazy. most the walleye ive ever seen are a dark copper color when they get that big........... is yer lake Deep and Cold? ........... i wonder why that is? ......... even the walleye yer wife is holding is very light in color .......... you do know quinte has some great spring, and fall walleye here . so maybe a summer trip with yer wife should be in your plans. beautiful area round here , and the county is becomming a wine makes meca so driving around to the winery's are only gonna get better as the years go on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:07 pm 
Walleye

Hi all.
Hi grizzly. The 13.9 was caught at the mouth of the winnipeg river on lake winnipeg. The walleye in lake winnipeg make a run in the fall from sept. to end of dec. and in the spring from march until ice out. The resident river walleye in all the rivers emptying into lake wpg look normal while the ones that run in spring and fall have the green coloring. The picture doesn't do them justice as they are something to see in person. The size is comparable to the Quinte fish, however the run has been pretty slow except for 2 years ago when the fishing was tremendous in numbers and size. The largest walleye ever caught in a tournement was caught there, it was 16. something and the fellow that caught it had an article in the walleye insider. The fish my wife has was caught in gullrock lake which is about 2400 km northwest of here but still in ontario. The fish was darker but unfortunately it died in the well that is why it appears lighter. I would liked to have released it. It was 5.7 lbs which is the perfect breeder.
I am planning to come to Quinte this summer. I have been to Quinte in the fall of 05 and 04 and got skunked, that won't stop me from coming fall 06. Last spring we went to weller's bay for the opener and 1 day tourney. We did well getting 3, 6, 9 spot for pike. That's kinda funny since we were fishing for walleye. Here is a pic of a walleye caught in the same lake as my wife's and it is dark.Image

Cheers Clark

Post subject: hey walleye
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:06 am 
Minnow

red lake by kenorea. my old man moose hunts up there.man there is some nice lakers in that neck of the woods.where are you staying cliffs camp.(bunch of little red cabins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:34 pm 
Walleye

Hi Hookem.
I have outlaws in the area and I used to live there. Since I have failed in my attempts at Quinte the best I can do is show you a pic of a Laker at Niagara. This coming weekend looks like a good chance at Lakers at NOTL and of course you never know what you got till you see it in Niagara.
There are some beautifull pics of Walleye on this forum, I have a little envy right now.Image

Cheers Clark

Post subject: nice laker
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:56 am 
Minnow

hey walleye.i'v never caught them that big 8O but their will be a day. the lake troute at my cottage up north by bancroft. are around 13inch to 17inch.they are all naturual.it's fun catching them ice fishing thow.and in the summer you get the odd one on steel line.good luck in kenora and snap some nice pics to show the guys and gals down here how beutiful it is 28hrs away in the bush.it is 28hrs write or is it 48hrs.i no it is a long hike.but diffently worth it,at least it was for my dads group all the times they went.

HAVE FUN,AND PLAY SAFE :lol:

banner ad