PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:09 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey Guys

Bass Pro sale in T.O. starts this weekend. Check out on-line

Some good deals :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:30 pm 
Walleye Angler

great place to stop on my visits to the inlaws in Sudbury, really like the White River fly shop, even though I can't afford much in there.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:08 pm 
Walleye

Maybe its just me, but this whole materialistic extravaganza that Bass Pro Shops put on seems hoaky. Stuffed animals, a big fish bowl and old canoes hanging from the ceiling just don't do anything for me. Besides that, their prices are way out of line and they really push their house brand equipment. The quality of their house brand is pathetic. They also have sales people pushing time share condos. Its the Wallmartization of sporting goods. Give me a true sporting goods store like Le Baron. Their sales staff are trained to cater to sportsmen, not pushing condos.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:21 pm 
Walleye Angler

that's a good point, I just wish fishing stores in this area had a little more in the way of fly fishing goods, although Skevy's is pretty darn good, maybe just not enough of us around. will have to go to skevy's soon for some tying materials, just got some killer recipes for bass flies.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:11 am 
Walleye Angler

Stanley20footer wrote:
Maybe its just me, but this whole materialistic extravaganza that Bass Pro Shops put on seems hoaky. Stuffed animals, a big fish bowl and old canoes hanging from the ceiling just don't do anything for me. Besides that, their prices are way out of line and they really push their house brand equipment. The quality of their house brand is pathetic. They also have sales people pushing time share condos. Its the Wallmartization of sporting goods. Give me a true sporting goods store like Le Baron. Their sales staff are trained to cater to sportsmen, not pushing condos.

Got to agree re Bass Pro. I find the place dissapointing and very 'impersonal' , artificial even, though I did enjoy browsing the stands etc. Found the prices to be very dissapointing and the staff far from knowlegable re many of the procucts on display. The house brand stuff also pricey and of dubious quality. Rather than drive thru there again (or mail order for that matter), a drive to Ottawa and Le Barons will be my first option, though they (Le barons) could improve their mail order set up...

Be happy, take care, enjoy!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:00 pm 
Walleye

I have found Bass Pro not to bad,I bought a Extreme baitcast unit for $99.00 last year,it worked great caught alot of large/smallmouth bass with it,pike 2#-10# and a muskie 20#.I do find the staff not the greatest,but they never pushed anything on me? They do price match,I got a Ice Machine X67c for $321.00 they gave me it at Le Baron's price on Boxing Day plus the no tax, Le Baron had that deal that day.I spent about the same at both places.When I head up that way I stop at both places,I get what I need for the year.I know I should buy locally,but some shops got to order what I want or they don't when there supply will be in.Yes I've been to Skevy's nice shop pretty busy couple times I was in to have a good,with the lull on between seasons I'm going to take a look. :lol:

banner ad
 Post subject: Bass Pro
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:27 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have spent a lot of money at LeBarons. Mostly because they have a good selection and not bad pricing. STAFF: very unfriendly, even the cashiers. Did you guys check the sale prices at BPS. !!!! As far as the BPS brand go i haved used a lot and had no problems with it. Who do you think makes there rods and reels???? I not on the BPS payroll, but like most guys i don't have unlimited funds. If i can save a few bucks i will.
Most people i know love the store and before they were in CAN. we were envious of the americans and bougth through maile order. Where elese will yuo find the selection. Just my opinion.
:o :wink: :o :o

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:58 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have to agree with the BPS sediments, I have been to the store in Charollett a few times and the store in TO is a big dissapointment.Besides their terminal tackle they have little else to offer except more colours and sizes in their lure selections. I want the stuff I can get down their brought up here but that won,t happen ( politics). As for Le Barons I will never shop their again, they have lost me for good. I called ahead 3 years ago on a trip to Wasaga (steelhead) asked for a specific browning wader boot and size. They assured me it was in stock, guess what after going out of my way NOT! Last year on my way to a Senators game I called while on root to see what time they were open till, they told me 6 P.M. When I arived at 5:46 the doors were locked and the lights were out, I will never be back no matter how desperate I might be.

My thoughts!!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:16 am 
Walleye Angler

funny thing about basspro, when I do go there, I usually buy just clothing, they had some nice pants for $15 on sale (skateboarder style pants) other than that, it is a good place to stretch your legs when on a long trip, and I like the trout pond near the exit to the mall. tend to wait until I get to sudbury then go to Ramacko's for fishing gear.

banner ad
banner ad