Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:55 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thank You CANADA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:19 am 
Walleye Master

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/Fantasywriter46M/walleye.jpg
thanks guys what a great year. looking forword to many more to come! good luck to all

Post subject: pic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:32 am 
Walleye Master

i tried to post this pic. not sure what im doing wrong so i thought id try one more time..........[img][img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/Fantasywriter46M/walleye.jpg[/img][/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:26 am 
Goby

Nice to meet ya grizzly,and nice picture. I'm the guy from Ohio that snapped the shot for ya. What a great year to hit the big bay. The fishing was fantastic. Thanks for all the reports on this site,sure makes things easier when planning a trip. I will keep checking the boards and take you up on your open water fishing trip. Ready to come back and hit the ice again already!!!!
Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:51 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hey Shark,
where in OHIO do you hail from. I use to live in Aurora. I spent 5 years working there and had lots of fun fishing the great lake ERIE. Man PUT-IN-BAY is a blast after a days fishing.. Let us know next time you come up to this area maybe we can get out for a pop or 2.
Sheldon Yuke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:14 am 
Goby

[quote="Sheldon"]Hey Shark,
where in OHIO do you hail from. I use to live in Aurora. I spent 5 years working there and had lots of fun fishing the great lake ERIE. Man PUT-IN-BAY is a blast after a days fishing.. Let us know next time you come up to this area maybe we can get out for a pop or 2.
Sheldon Yuke[/quote] I live right on the Ohio/ pennsylvania line.
Lake erie is in my back yard. Conneaut harbor to be exact. We have great perch fishing.walleyes and smallmouth. The steelhead fishing is fantastic in the lake and on the conneaut creek. We have a decent fall run of steelys and a big spring run that is hard to beat. Plannin on coming up in the fall before ice to try the open water. Maybe we can hook up do some fishing and drink a few cold (pops). I will frequent the boards from time to time. What area are you from? We stayed in deserontoi but would like to find somewhere closer to big bay. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:12 pm 
Baitfish

Hey Jaybird I was told that The Perfect Vue had some nice cottages that would accomodate us all, and we would be alot closer than we were last time, Im gonna check that out. JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:33 am 
Goby

[quote="FishinPolToo"]Hey Jaybird I was told that The Perfect Vue had some nice cottages that would accomodate us all, and we would be alot closer than we were last time, Im gonna check that out. JD[/quote]
Sounds good John,we definatly have time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:51 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Beauty catch there Grizzly congrats!!

Man I miss fishing there on the Bay, makes me wonder why the hell I ever left Belleville LOL.

You kinda look like my old friend there Dave Burrows, that guy showed me alot of tricks in catching them sows day in day out.

Anywho just wanted to say nice catch, now I gotta go back fishing here for wannabe Walleye LOL.

Cheers,
FatPat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:24 pm 
Baitfish

Nice fish! How much did that hog weight?

Post subject: thanks guys
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:56 pm 
Walleye Master

. hey shark. thanks for taking that pic........... now be sure to tall all these guys what i did with that beautiful fish right after............ just dont need to tell them about the 3 pounder i took home for dinner that day.......... sure was fun out there watching you and your friends.. i said it then, and ill say it now. much better than being home watching TV .......... you guys sure were having loads of fun that day ......... that fish weighed in at about 12 1/2 pounds on a hand held scale. so who knows really but its sure was a beauty lost one at the hole just as nice that day and cought a few smaller ones, and a couple damm nice perch .......... Big Bay was very very good to me this year ..... pat . any fishs is a good fish, big or small a fish is a fish is a fish........... good luck guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:02 am 
Goby

I will vouch for ya Grizzly,that fish swam away to fight another day.
What a great week to be there. The next 2 days were awesome.
Thanks for the tips and info. I never have seen so many fish over 10
lbs in my life in one day. The last day we were there we only fished 2.5 hrs in the morning and put well over 30 fish on the ice in that time frame.
Not bad for only 6 guys. That fishery is the best,hope it stays that way for years to come so I can show my son. That was the first time we fished big bay and we will be right back next year. Hope for some colder temps next season.
Later shark

Post subject: awsome fish
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:24 am 
Minnow

nice fish grizz.i fished big bay alot this year too.lots of luck.i probley fished around some time never knew what ya looked like till now.i drive a lime green arctic cat atv 8) ,and have a little green portable(i made). that go's out to anyone who may be fishing moria lake in madoc over the next week or so.i will be out their jiging my arm off,stop by.

anyway sorry,surpprised i did'nt run in to ya i met alot of really good and helpful guys though.thanks too all :D

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:42 pm 
Walleye Master

hey Hook em ........ Funny you should mention that im heading up this weekend and was thinking i might just do that my wifes grandmother lives in Madoc and was thiunking about dropping off the lil lady to visit her granny and slide down and pop in a hole........... but its cold turkey for be because ive nevr every fished there. i have no clue what to do when i get there but i live the challange ............... if i do ill look for you for sure ........... im thinking must be good on the left side driving down in past the two loons thats where i see the huts anways ............... good luck to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:11 pm 
Minnow

just as i said grizz, your a smart man. :) you want to go to the left off the point.WACTH IF YOU GO TO THE RIGHT (OVER BY THE BRIDGES)ITS OPEN WATER ALL YEAR EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

what day you heading up?i have to go to the cottage to take the hut off and get one last lake troute fish in on sat,sun.

Post subject: thanks bud
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:25 am 
Walleye Master

. Hey hook em... thanks for the heads up.... i have noticed that there is always open water there by the RR Tressle never could figure that out if its shallow and moving water there or a warm spring ......
As i said i know nothing about that lake but since i go by there alot ive always wanted to fish in it lol .. id really like to take my boat there and try for a musky. thats one of the few freshwater fish ive never cought maybe this summer will be my year
if i do make it up there it will be on saturday or sunday not sure id leave that up to my wife......... id drop her off at gandma's right in madoc and shoot over for a couple of hours :twisted: not even sure what kids of fish are in there but hey who dont like a nice suprize comming up out of the ice.
Going cold turkey i guess id just bring a few shiners, and mud minnows, my trusty box of ice jigs and see how it goes *S* . you saw me in the picture thats how i dress unless its 70 outside then you probly wont see me at all lol they are calling for warmmer weather so im told *S* if its real cold ill be in a red plad hunting jacket :wink: good luck