Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:29 am 
Walleye Angler

After several years of camping for the opener, and getting rained on, a couple years back we said "screw this, we're getting a cottage", so we get a cottage for two years in a row.......and it doesn't rain.

This year, we say "scew this, we're camping", and it promptly rains. And rain it did, from early, early Saturday morning to early afternoon. Woke up early, early Saturday to hear the pitter-patter of raindrops on the tent, freezing my ass off because Wayne-o-Mac had stolen my sleeping bag when he faded on Friday night. To top it off, he slept under the window with the window OPEN, now my sleeping bag is wet (from the rain, so he says).

Fished in the rain Sat. morning in Hay Bay. Absolutely crap weather, soaked to the skin, miserable, cold, hung over. We did however nail 9 walleyes and a couple of pike, nothing huge in the way of wallys, mostly 2-pounders.

In for brekky and beers around 11:00am, hang around with Dan Elliott & company for the afternoon, out again when the sun broke through.........nada..........nice weather, no fish.

We all partook in deep liver exercises on Sat. night, up on the Sunday a.m., fish Hay Bay.........nada............weather too nice, I guess. Wayne-o-Mac bitches and moans until Snarfy gives in and off we go to the mouth of the Napanee River.

Get there........nada..........until the cloud cover moves in. BANG!!! Within 2.5hrs there are 30 walleyes in the boat (although never at one time). Chartreuse jigs with worms on the drift in anywhere from 12 to 6ft of water. Water looked like weak tea.

All in all, one of the best openers in a long time. Although we ran out of beer, plenty felt sorry for us and plied us with alcohol in exchange for deeper wisdom.

What's up with Pickerel Park, lots of $25 derby tickets for sale, but NO corresponding complimentary hats available. Anyone else get screwed?
Curious.

Missing in action this year is good pal, Jimbo. Didn't see Superdad on the water, although think I saw Michel (KayBecker Guy) on the road in.

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

Post subject: Laughed my guts out
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Mux old boy you made us laugh hard. Enjoyed the campfire stories and brown pop but oh I was hurting sunday morning. Glad you guys got fish as we didnt and you know I dont lie unless it benefits me :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
See you guys in november for the softwater closing cermonies at Merlands.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:22 pm 
Walleye Angler

"We all partook in deep liver exercises on Sat."

After our motor had issues.....we also made the trip to town for more pops. The fellas at our camp did pretty good the biggest was 9.5lbs walleye a few pike around 4 and 7lbs were caught by the youngsters.

Yup the weather was kinda poor, but I have seen it snow that weekend before.

Great report!!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:05 pm 
Perch

Ohh Muxy you tell a great story, I could hear your voice in the back of my head the whole time I read it. I can't believe Wayne O Mac faded early, he must have missed out on dessert. Sorry I wasn't out on the water this weekend, my first miss in 12 years. My crew were busy this weekend and I didn't have a chance to get the tarp off the boat. Sounds like you had a great Sunday and I don't think it was the rain that soaked your sleeping bag. Call me up if your heading out this way if not we'll see you at the fall trip!! Yahhh Babby! Patioo

banner ad
banner ad