Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:41 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Was out to fish this morning with my Dad, decided at last minute to try around Ram Is, but it didn't feel right, so we trolled back to the Bayview Shoal and fish that area.

Trolling the north shore line towards WagonWheel Pt and I hit a fish at 0910 in 10.7' on a Chartruse Uzick. Trolled around the point and back towards the one of the shoals and my Dad hit a 20" on an Orange Uzick.

Seems to be working well.

There was approx nine boats in the area all trolling around we saw nets over the side on several boats and we were putting ours in the water frequently.

We trollled around til 1300 hrs.

Total catch for the day was 10 walleyes, five released and five for the table of some close friends.

It was a GREAT day with the Uzick's working their magic.

Reports of fish being caught in Long Reach and up in the eastern end on the flats.

Appears to me that the bite is still on, we thought the weather this morning might have put them down, BUT they were still there and taking the lures.

My Dad and I have had great success this year on the two trips out - hope it continues.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:01 pm 
Walleye Angler

Nice report Super Dad...as always... Son in law and I drove up to Desortonto on Sat..fished the narrows, mohawk bay....up the river..no sucess..than Pete called on the radio ....he had found fish...

Had two limits in three passes in the Long Reach...all 15 -16 inch fish. All in all..great day....orange seemed to be the color, although we were fishing with worm harnesses..and bottom bouncers not Uzicks. Son in law was having the most success with willow live blades, orange on one side and silver on the other. Lots of perch..no gobies.

Did get a nice catfish in telegraph narrows, probably a 10 pounders and a couple of sheeps head..and ..saw schools of shad...so they are moving in.

Crew will be at Perfect Vue starting Aug 8th for a couple of days..dont catch all the fish :)

Daren

banner ad
banner ad