Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:15 pm 
Walleye

Going to give it a try Friday (assuming weather OK) out from Brighton Bay to see what is in the swim. Any action yet down around Wellington or elsewhere?

Thx...Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:45 pm 
Walleye

Not any that I've heard about yet. There is a CLOSA Salmon derby this Saturday & Sunday I suspect this will be the start of Salmon fishing in the area. I know last year very few were going out yet when they had the derby and a great deal of Salmon were caught that weekend Mind you the derby is a week earlier this year, I suspect very few have been out fishing yet so this will be a good test. I believe you have to be a CLOSA member to enter the derby, but then again if your into Salmon fishing your probably already a member.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:31 pm 
Walleye Angler

yeeee haw!!! Guys talk'n salmon again!! Black and purple 37' down 70 fow 30+ lbs. 8O 8O 8O 8O :D Get the net!!!!!!! Smoke'm with hickory mmmmmmmmmmmm good!!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:27 pm 
Walleye

I fished twice last week and all weekend: 0 salmon & 2 steelhead.

Seem that salmons have only reached Salmon Point at this time since that's where thay catched some this weekend. I was the only boat in Wellington all Saturday and Sunday. No fishes on the fishfinder and no baitfish. With the water temp we had I was thinking that they may be only 10 feet under the surface but... nothing. But they will come in the Scotch Bonnet Island area soon for sure!

All the bait fish and the coldest water was located just out of Presqu'Île Bay, as well as big fishes seen on the fishfinder. No bites there unfortunately. I know that Quick Fisheries (commercial fishing) from Brighton put their net at this place at this time of the year and they catch a lot of perchs, pickerels and others.

I moved recently to Brighton from Quebec city. If anyone from the area want to come with me on my boat send me an email. The only fishing budies I have right now are from Quebec and Montreal!! I need new friends that live closer and can join me on the water on a short notice... and I need to practive my english too!!!

J-F Néron
Fishchallenger vessel
jfneron@mediom.qc.ca
Brighton, ON

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:25 pm 
Walleye Angler

A buddy from work used to take a few of us out for $20 each to cover his gas. A great guy!! I was bitten by the salmon bug then in the mid 80s and a true fan ever since!!

Your bound to make a truck load of buds with that offer... I'd contacted a guide in my area to fine tune my walleye skills, but for $400/day they can stuff that!! Big time!! That's a lot of worms brother...Fishing is really easy, but you can never know it all.

Best of luck and tight lines!!

banner ad
banner ad