banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:14 am 
Minnow

:arrow: This is just a reminder to all anglers/teams fishing the opening bass tournament on June 25th. Please remember that tournament waters are off limits to anglers from Saturday, June 17th to Friday, June 23rd inclusive. Prefishing will be allowed on Saturday June 24th until 5:00 p.m. and boats must then be off the water! If you have questions or concerns or need to be on the water for employment purposes during this time, please give me a call before you are on the water at 613-967-1024 (evenings) or cell at 613-921-9271.
At this time (Thurs.) there are 47 teams entered and we should be just over the 50 mark by closing date.
Till next weekend, Pete 8)

Post subject: Bay Police!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:23 pm 
Walleye

So,I wonder if the ramps,are ,really being watched,I guess,according to Pete's message,us Guides,are excempt,were only Walleye fishing,anyways,I guess we really don,t need to be Pre-Fishing anyways,if we don't know where they are by now,might as well stay home...Thanks..ROCKET :wink: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:34 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I still think they should put a boundary at the ferry so smallies aren`t transported from 50- 54 degree water to the much warmer waters of the bay (75-80). Im very confident with fishing but its hard to compete with 5 5lb smallies from the big lake and besides it would take me 2 or so hrs to get there one way. I like to compete not donate!!! :lol:
fishman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:33 am 
Minnow

Mr. Rocket Man - just a couple of things. Firstly, yes we are/will be watching the ramps this week - you should know that! Secondly, if you reread my post, I didn't say anywhere that Guides(?) were exempt! I did say that if you needed to be on the water for employment purposes during that time, to call me first before you are on the water! And yes, a man of your extreme knowledge and expertice of local waters wouold have know need to be on the water this week - right!!
To the Fishman(?), our committee has looked at this point over the last few years and has decided that a change was not needed at this time. For the most part, Big Fish winners are usually largemouth with a 5.9, 6, 6.2 and 7.2 weighed in in the last two years just to name a few. Lastly, I hope when you fish the Series ( if you fish the Series), that you feel that you can compete, as with the Bay and area being such a great fishery, anyone can and does have a real shot at winning one of our tournaments. Take care, good fishing, Pete 8)

banner ad