Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Salmon arrived
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:46 am 
Walleye Fry

June 17-18 CLOSA had its 2 day Salmon Seach Derby.
The attached picture shows a good example of the many catches mainly off Salmon Point, South of Wellington.
Check out our web site for more photos http://www.thereelthingfishing.com look for CLOSA Salmon Search Derby - click on it and you can see the 7 best catches
Enjoy - and get out to catch your own!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Thereelthing on Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:18 am 
Walleye Angler

Nice fish!!!

That's it... I've been seeing guys out and hooking up with salmon early this year. I have to dust off my riggers now for sure. I can smell the hickory smoke already. :D :D

Here is a link I find helpful when fishing L. Ontario if anyone is interested. http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/

banner ad
 Post subject: Catch
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:18 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Hey, nice to those salmon you caught. If you're catch is like the rest it must have been a huge success!...Larry

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:12 pm 
Walleye

Hi folks!

I also fished for the tournament this weekend, out of Brighton and in front of Scotch Bonnet island, but unfortunately the salmon was clearly not in the area and we catched none. We caught 2 Steelheads, one was 6 pounds and the other around 11 pounds. We didn't ran to weight them since we heard that a 15 ponds trout was catched yesterday...

Here's a photo of my friend Real B. from Ottawa who was with me on the boat, with the only trout we caught today:

The weather was hot and beautiful, with no wind. I'm glad we didn't stay home because the weather forecasts were for 30 km/h winds!! Man were they wrong!!!

The coldest water was located just out of Presqu'Île Bay (49 degres). This area had all the baitfish and we saw a lot of big fishes there too on the fishfinder. No bites there unfortunately.

Everything else was in the range of 52 to 61 degres (hotter water was in the middle of the lake). Temperature breaks were easily seen, with scum lines all around. Since those are real Steelhead magnets we fished around those. We've seen a lot of fishes coming at the surface to eat bugs and minnows jumping out of the water. Beautiful.

It would have been nice to see you all at the BBQ but unfortunately I didn't know where it was. When I bought my ticket this week for the tournament I was told that the infos for the BBQ were on the sheet of paper and... it wasn't. So we stayed on the water all afternoon.

I will meet you guys at the next meeting since I joined the association this week.

J-F Néron
Fishchallenger vessel
Brighton, ON

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:55 am 
Walleye

Good report FishChallenger. Nice pic also.

banner ad
banner ad