banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:56 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:55 pm 
Walleye Angler

I had hoped to do a Kawartha tour this summer, but my engine has other ideas. :x

The season started out with a brake down on the Quinte :oops: Thanks again for the tow.

Then, I hit Cooks Bay Simcoe, nice spot!!!

So I went back.

I was on Sturgeon L. for a few short hours one night. 22" walleye.

Took a float down the Scugog River with my daughter for some muskie. We had a few nice hit and runs, and she hooked this. I had the camera set to take the night pic. of that walleye. :cry: :x Not a big muskie... but her first. I wanted to let it go more than get a picture, so that's it.

I need to get that new engine!!! So I hit L. Ontario early this year all pumped up for the derby.

L. O. trip #1 Rainbow and a chinook.

L. O. trip # 2 Chinook X2

L. O. trip # 3 Chinook X2 and rainbow. I got a weigh scale for the derby. The rainbow 11+ lbs. Chinooks 21 and 25 lbs.

Between L. Ont. trip 2 and 3... I went to Parry Sound, caught and released this bass.

Those salmon are not big enough to weigh in for that derby. :roll: Tomorrow that derby starts July 8th $75/ ticket. I got one before, then $25. I weighed in one 29.6 never made the board!!!!!!!!!! That was a while ago... Hoping for a 36+ this year.

Is anyone fishing salmon this year from this area??? For the derby I mean.

Cheers and best of luck if you are, I took this picture of Canadian F-18s battling a UFO the other day out there.

You be careful out there if you go :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:47 pm 
Walleye Angler

nice fish !!! :D still haven't hooked pike and walleye yet this year, working on it, doing good fly fishing for bass, might borrow the wifes spinning rod (she's got a nice one!!) and go out some night along the shore and see what I can do, I know this is a long way off but planning on putting the fly rod away in september and trying the float this fall, all winter I got skunked, so looking forward to that, but not until after having a great summer of fishing, LOL at the f18's fighting UFO's . seems they've been going over my apartment more often, wonder what they are up to. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:06 pm 
Walleye

WOW, thats at least 6 or 8 fising trips this year! How do you manage to get out so often?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks guys :D

I've never had this kind of time to get out fishing before, until I had some health issues pop up about a year ago. My employer said due to those issues I was a hazard to my co-workers and myself and sent me home. I get a little sick out in the sun, and it makes me feel like I'm drunk. A free buzz like that, only sounds good.

UFOs over L. Ont :lol: yeah... I need that new fishing machine they're giving away in the derby. I'll have to come up with something better than that to get the lake to my self for a week :wink:

I can't imagine you putting that fly rod away hoser. I wanted to bend mine a few times fishing up here for smallies, but my boat has that L. Ont. flea junk on it now. Maybe in August.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:27 pm 
Walleye Master

Well done SLUG!!!!! Keep em comin, need more pics like that!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:22 pm 
Walleye Angler

Ditto marty!!

Cheers!!