Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Boat insurance
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:21 pm 
Guppy

:?: Does anyone know where I can find insurance for my 20ft. bassboat with a 225? I have had bass boats for 18yrs no claims but my company just put a 150 hp restriction!!!!

Post subject: ins.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:31 pm 
Try Lloyds of London. They were the only ones who would insure me to fish the P.W.T. Their theft claim restrictions are very specific but reasonable.

banner ad
 Post subject: Re; Boat insurance
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:46 pm 
Hey stratos i know how you feel about trying to get insurance. The place you want to call is Marine Expert. They are based out of the Barrie area, And by far are the most reasonable prices going. Talk To Jared Chartrand. He will set you up nicely.

banner ad
 Post subject: Boat insurance
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:50 pm 
I guess it would help if i put the phone number in huh. 705-735-1418 or 1-866-671-3030 marine expert.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:14 pm 
Statefarm insured my old boat with 175, I had him quote me a price on my new ranger with a 250 E.F.I and he was quite reasonable, I was going to look at the insurance through B.A.S.S if you join as a member this is one of the perks available to its members.Some of the members from the east are insured with them and speak highly about their service. hope this helps

banner ad
 Post subject: Boat Insurance
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:53 am 
If you belong to a bass club which is affiliated with the OBF you can get coverage through Nelson Ins., Burlington and with the policy ultimately being with Premier Marine. I have my TR21 with 225 HP insured this way. The premiums have risen sharply since 9/11 and so you should expect to pay around $600 to $700.

banner ad
 Post subject: Co-operators
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:02 am 
I have all my insurance policies with the Co-operators. The price to insure a 175hp on my astro was $550. Granted boat hull is a 94 but the engine is 2002. Fairly reasonable

banner ad
 Post subject: boat insurance
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:54 pm 
:!: :idea: when getting insurance read the navigational limits, when i had to change companies because my old company did not insure boats anymore.... gave me 30 day notice lol. I went with another company that only insured me in sothern ontario. and all the great lakes but not the kawarthas because they said it was central ontario.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:11 pm 
Guppy

Thanks for the help guys.

banner ad
banner ad