Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:21 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:52 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Was down for a bit today watching people fish for salmon at the Napanee falls at Springside Park. About 6 fishing in really crappy weather. Guess they've been at it over a week now. Didn't see anything getting caught. No visible fish, but I'm sure they're up hot + heavy. Water is coming down just like in the spring. They must have opened a dam as the water was really low 2 weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:29 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thank-you for posting this ziffel. I have been waiting and waiting for someone. Hopefully more will follow.

The most interesting sites I have seen at Springside Park have been a large run of lake trout around 1997, gar pike and splake back in the 1970's. My personal best at this location (black salmon do not count), is a 9.5 pd. brown trout caught Dec 24/1990. It sure is a pretty place.

Regards
Donald Stokes

Post subject: Springside Park
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:11 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Laker John and I were hunting for some french fries from the chip wagon at Springside Park, but they were closed, so we wandered down to the river to see if we could see any salmon.

Saw about 6-7 fishers, one kid hooked(?) a salmon from the Gibbard side but lost it.

Saw the carcass of one down the river from the falls.

Met a chap arriving with a noodle rod and and the whole nine yards, asked him how things were and he said look in the back of the truck.

HOLY COW!!!! There was a the nicest Rainbow I have ever seen. Bright, silvery and about 10-12 lbs. He had hooked approx 7 this AM and we saw him get another five or six hits on his roe bag, but he couldn;t hook up.

I thought I took a picture but the camera was set to video so I've got a nice video of that magnificent Rainbow.

F Y I

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:06 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I've stopped by the Falls a few weeks ago. Saw a few dead ones but nothing moving around.

Went to Milhaven Creek yesterday for an hour. Lost a few browns and saw many as well as a few small rainbows. No salmon though.

Talked to a few guys there that had just returned from Springside. No luck for them and only saw a couple.

Bath Hydro plant was way too rough and windy. The water was coming out of the plant which should make them active but you can't catch fish if you can't cast. :lol:

Cheers

banner ad