Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:38 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The season is starting
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:22 pm 
Guppy

I am a new member to Quinte fishing and this weekend is the start of my next 6 weeks (thursday to sunday) on the bay. I have been a dedicated fall warrior for the past 10 years with great sucsess on the bay and have confidence that this years fish will be as good as the last years that I have enjoyed! Some of you members may have met myself and my group staying at Merland Park during the past years, hats off to Kevin & Jen for there hospitality over my past stay at there park. I am the fellow that weighed the 13.13 in the fall get together 2 years ago, my group runs the 2 matching Lund 2025's (brother & myself) we also were the guys that provided BASS PRO shops with the WALLEYE in the tank for the Grand opening. If every remembers there was MONSTER 16LBS+ that SURVIVED about 7 days in the tank that was returned to my brother Alec. This was unfortunate but the others did survive and to the best of my knowledge still remain in the tank. I have spent the last several years fishing with my father, uncle and brothers with great sucsess and I hope to share my expierences with fellow members over the next 6 weeks. Feel free to respond to this post for your interest.

See you on the water and remember WATER ON THE WATER AND B on the P ! good luck

Post subject: welcome aboard Locecki 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:26 am 
Jumbo Perch

i too am a fairly new memeber and have found this site to be very helpfull last year was my first year down to the bay and had great sucsess because of the info i was able to get ahead of time from this site from your experience on the bay you will be a assett to this site 1 also run a 2025 pro v with 250 verado i will be down the whloe week of nov 20th staying at merland park hope to see you on the water.

MALLARD1

Post subject: Welcome Aboard
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:51 am 
Site Admin

Welcome Aboard guys! Look forward to hearing your reports. Certainly sounds like you have the experience and rigs to have fun with the eyes here. If you do get into the 16lbers make sure you take a few digitals shots to share :D

Post subject: Lund Pro V 2025
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:48 am 
Jumbo Perch

Thanks for the postings. I was thinking down the road on upgrading my boat to a Lund. Not sure it will be a 2025 Pro V but what has been your experience with these boats -pros and cons? Did you purchase them at BayMarine near Trenton? How much wave action abuse can they take? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:14 am 
Walleye

Replica if you are upgrading to a lund besure to shop around for a deal.I was looking for a boat in the spring and was looking at a lund,I got a quote from Bay Marine,Hastings Marine,Port colbourne marine,and Bay was not even close and when i called back to get a better price they didn't budge.Mike & Jason at Hastings where good at follwing up and willing to get the price where it needed to be.Port colbourne is a long way away but Charlie the tuna claims they are the largest lund dealer in southern ont. thats why his price was so low.My brother bought a Lund 4 years ago from Hastings and saved aprox. $5000.00 over the local dealer,I don't want to sound cheap but you earned the money keep it in your pocket.Good Luck,K.M.B.F.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:43 am 
Perch

Locki
We are comming up the week of the 11th of nov staying at Merland we were there last year with soso success. We used reef runners, manns 25, and spoons mostly. Is there anything else you use? Any help is appriciated.
Last year fished mostly the light house area.
Atlanta Dave

Post subject: Lund Boats
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:53 am 
Walleye Angler

Lund makes a great boat. You definately have to shop around.
Check out the dealers reputation for service. :D :D

Post subject: 2025 pro v
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:53 pm 
Goby

replica as far as the boat handeling the rough wave action they handel rough wave action as good and in many cases better than any other boat in their class i have been in all types of conditions in lake erie and have never experienced any structural problems with this type of hull i purchased my first one in the fall of 1998 and sold the boat in 2005 spring it never leaked a drop and the hull was as tight as the day i bought it sold it too a good friend it had over700 hours on motor when it comes time to sell they are one of the highest resale value boats on the market i now have a 2005 and it even rides better than the 98 model got my best deal by far in the states its worth drive

MALLARD1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:11 pm 
Minnow

Hey Lozecki1 - What are you guys doing down here and not giving me a call!! I can't believe it - you guys have given up on the big fast glass boat and are now in a Lund?? Probably because Poppa Lezeck is getting old and can't take the pounding anymore. Now you are saying - who the hell is this guy and how does he know us?? Well, go back a few years and you will remember a guy who was tournament director of the Chevy/Mercury Bass Tour who used to keep an eye on the "Lezecki boys" and have the odd "brown pop" with your family.
How are you guys doing? Merland Park is a great spot and Kevin will look after you well. Give us a call or drop a line down when your here and if you want, maybe we can hook up! If not, good luck with the fishing - say hi to the family for Margo and me. Pete 8)

Post subject: Lund Boat information
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:38 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Thanks for the information/tips on these boats.