Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:13 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Moon's in Deseronto
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:08 pm 
Baitfish

Hey Guys,

Just wondering of Moons is still open for business in Deseronto. Was there two or three weekends ago but he was closed and it was 9:00 AM on a Sunday.

Usually he is always open. Is he still in business? If not can anyone tell me where else I can get quality minnows like the stuff Moon was selling in the BOQ area? Been to shop in Napanee but didn't like his prices or quality. Also been to the minnow hatchery in Deseronto but it was also closed?

Was it too early in the season?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: minnows
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:37 pm 
Walleye Angler

My understanding is that Moons is closed and that the owner wanted to retire. There was a sign on the Bayshore Rd. by the Skyway Bridge, but I do not know the present status. Good luck

Donald Stokes

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:04 pm 
Walleye

Just got back from fall fishing put in a deseronto and went to picton,we had no luck fished from 10:00 till 3:00,when we got back and loaded up my brother said let's go by moons somebody said they are closed,When we got there the sign was still out and said open,MY brother went in and sure enough they are still open,he spoke the people and they are open and will be open.My brother told them the post on the site due to the posting they are closed,Thought i would to help them and fellow fisherman that use them for minnows,k.m.b.f.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

If this is correct, it is very good news for area fishermen. The quality of minnow always seemed to be right on the mark with this gentleman. This originated from about last spring if memory serves me correctly, and has me puzzled.

Don Stokes

banner ad
 Post subject: bait shp
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:19 am 
Perch

i talked with Clayton last year when i was up an he told me he was thinking of retirement,,, your right this is good news if he is staying open...locals,,please keep us informed on this,,,thank you

banner ad
 Post subject: Bait shop
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:49 am 
Walleye Angler

Moon's Bait & Tackle
Address : 144 Pearl, Deseronto, ON K0K 1X0
Telephone : 613-396-2208 For contact details.

Also new Bait shop on County Road 9, Dew Drop Inn, River Road Napanee. Any one tried this one? bayboy

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:36 am 
Guppy

Stopped to pick up some bait on Sat. Nov. 4th around 8:30am, sign on the door said closed..................

Always like to give business to the local bait shops where I fish but this is the second time I have dropped by only to see a closed sign, will have to start grabbing bait before the drive to BOQ, are there any other bait shops in the Deseronto area?

banner ad
 Post subject: Moon's Deseronto
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:02 am 
Walleye Angler

Called Moon's. Clayton sold to new owners Ken and Jane Lewis. Currently operating on fall hours. Friday, Sat and Sunday 7-4 only. 1-613-396-2208

Brooks Dew Drop In, 1-613-354-0008 @ 2478 River Road(County Road 9) Napanee, is open daily, year 'round 6 a.m- 9p.m. They sell muds and shiners for $3/scoop (which is described as more than 12); worms and tackle; milk and other variety store items. What they don't have they will order for you. Fly fishing what ever! Kelly and Greg Brooks opened the busniess this year and will be in the next phone book. They are also hoping to expand to some archery stuff. Seem like real nice folks.
bayboy :)

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:50 am 
Baitfish

Was in BOQ this sunday, did catch one 7lb'er off of Sherman's with the minnows from Moons. Got to Deseronto at 7:00 AM from Mississauga, the sign outside of Moons said closed.

Drove all the way back to Bellville to Skevy's but he isn't open until 8:30 on Sundays. So, drove back to Deseronto, got there at 8:00 AM and Moons was finally open. She explained that they had slept in.

The price of minnows is now $3.75, little more expensive than what the nice old fella charged. Really have no problem with that as long as they can provide some set business hours. Hate driving for almost 3 hours to get there early just to wait for bait.

I too like to give my business to locals where ever I go.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:51 pm 
Walleye Angler

I was at Moon's on Sunday Nov.12th and talked with Ken and Jane and they are a very nice couple and seemed very eager to help. I was informed that they are open for business and that their hours are from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm 6 days a week. I believe that they are closed on Mondays.

Regards,
Sam

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:14 pm 
Walleye

grizz wrote:
Was in BOQ this sunday, did catch one 7lb'er off of Sherman's with the minnows from Moons. Got to Deseronto at 7:00 AM from Mississauga, the sign outside of Moons said closed.

Drove all the way back to Bellville to Skevy's but he isn't open until 8:30 on Sundays. So, drove back to Deseronto, got there at 8:00 AM and Moons was finally open. She explained that they had slept in.

The price of minnows is now $3.75, little more expensive than what the nice old fella charged. Really have no problem with that as long as they can provide some set business hours. Hate driving for almost 3 hours to get there early just to wait for bait.

I too like to give my business to locals where ever I go.

There is a place down the road called Bakers, in Napannee, that sells minnows. Though, last year I bought minnows there, 6.50!! Nowadays, 3.75 is a steal.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:53 am 
Guppy

Baker's is really expensive. He hit us for $6.00 a dozen and actually counted the minnows. On the positive side the minnows were muds and were in good condition.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:49 am 
Goby

MOONS BAIT N TACKLE

We are now operating on fall hours:

Tuesday to Sunday 7am-4pm, closed Monday

Ice Fishing Season:

Tuesday to Sunday 6am-4pm, closed Monday

We do apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused our customers. Please stop by and visit our call (613) 396-2208 anytime. You are our #1 priority.

Sincerely Ken and Jayne Lewis ( new owners of Moons Bait N Tackle )

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:30 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

thank you for the update
as we do get up a few times during the year
blue

banner ad
banner ad