banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: THIS Weekend
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:11 am 
Goby

Hey guys this is a great website lots of great information my son and i are coming this weekend from Guelph we fish BOQ about 5 times ayear love the area although i have not caught 10 15 fish in atrip i have done ok just wondering if u guys think planner boards are the reason we will be fishing out of 14ftlund with 30hp

Post subject: BOQ
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:28 am 
Walleye Catcher

Planer boards should help your catch rate. They take the lure away from the path of your boat. the fish aren't as spooked this way. Also run a long line [150-200'], experiment with this till you find what works best.
Lure selection plays an important roll here. Using a selection of deep diving baits usually works best but some shallow ones aren't bad either.
Good luck this weekend!...Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:35 am 
Guppy

I'm convinced that a set of "snap on weights" (weights ranging from 1 oz to 4 oz) are almost as valuable as planer boards. Certainly the two in tandem is optimum.
Finding the depth where they're hitting with the help of your electronics and then being able to consistently stay at that depth is key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:08 pm 
Walleye Master

simply buying a set or two of planer boards will not increase your catch automatically to 10 - 15 fish....

generally only experience and time on the water will do that....(or a guided trip).

the walleye out there are constantly changing.....

having an OPEN MIND will put fish in your boat before simply buying boards will.....that or buying skevy's secret lure. :roll:

Post subject: walleye
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:25 pm 
Walleye Angler

Every trip seems to be different. On some days planner board help. I have also caught fish flatlining. Lure type and depth seem to be more important.
On the weekend we were 65ft back of the boards. Talk to other guys on the water. Usually they will share info.
Good Luck. :D :D

Post subject: This weekend
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:46 pm 
Goby

again lots of information thanks guys i usually do flatline with keelweights but i think i will stop and pick up some side planers good luck to eveyone and be safe and for god sakes go let them go to be caught again