Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:19 am 
Walleye

Had my trip all planned, just getting all the riggin together last night and now see that a major storm is coming with 20+mm of rain. Anyone still going out, especially with the wind out of the east now???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:40 am 
Walleye Master

of course we are.....fall only comes once a year up at Quinte.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

You can click here to read the current Weather Network Picton forecast. It sucks. What's bad about it is the east winds overnight into Saturday. I will be amazed if people catch any fish during these periods.

Afterwards they are calling for north winds. I'm no weather expert, but I'm pretty sure that means the cold front is blasting through. While you can have fantastic fishing just before it arrives, it is hard to catch fish afterwards. If what is forecasted above occurs, I predict few fish caught this weekend, however someone please prove me wrong!

Based on the forecast above, the wise man who can will return instead mid-week when the winds have stabilized. If of course the forecast weather actually occurs!

You can click here to read the current Environment Canada forecast for Belleville. This forecast is of rather limited benefit since it doesn't tell you anything about the winds, the single most important criterion for fishing success!

You can glean an idea from the Environment Canada marine forecast.

Environment Canada Marine Forecast 10:30am Friday November 10 wrote:
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light and variable this afternoon then becoming east 10 knots this evening. Wind increasing to 15 overnight. Rain beginning late Saturday morning. Waves near 1 metre lowering to less than 1 late this morning then building to near 1 overnight.
Outlook..Moderate to strong easterlies backing to strong northerlies.

Accordingly I predict the fishing will suck this weekend and you should all do yourselves a favour and stay home! However again, I hope I'm wrong, and I wish you the best of luck.

They say a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. If you are prepared to sit through 20mm of rain and east winds, you must really have a bad job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:50 pm 
Minnow

Steve...... 8)

Don't forget Pete, these fish are in the bay right now to feed on the abundant bait supply. Nothing can make them loose their appetite. Well, maybe one thing, a full stomach, and that only lasts a few hours. What are the chances of every single fish having a full belly?

I'm not superstitious, so the old saying "Wind from the East, fish bite least..... " Forget it! Launch the boat with that attitude and you won't catch any. Confidence my freind.......

And hey, fishing is what you make it. If you're serious about fishing, the weather is a challenge. All just part of the puzzle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:28 pm 
Walleye Master

last fall, east winds were fantastic. they pushed a lot of the bait deep into the reach, actually pushing a lot of the fish together....

west winds are the winds that spread the fish out along the reach, from the ferry to the gap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:17 pm 
Walleye Angler

I would love to hear of people catching fish in an east wind. That would be encouraging. However it's all north wind now, and looks to be for some time.

If you want to see what you're missing by not going fishing today, you can click here to view the weather radar loop. Man, there's a lot of rain coming down!

.......Brrrrrrrr....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:34 pm 
Walleye Angler

Eating my words would be great to hear, and encouraging to know that you can catch fish when the wind's from the east! But do tell - the winds looked pretty north to me today according to the reports I looked at. So what were the winds, north or east?

We went 8 fer 8 on Thursday with 5, 7, 8, 8, 10, 10+ and 10+ and a bonus superb 12 lb pike in strong west winds. How did you do today?

And was it east or north?

Edit: Oh, you dirty bugger! You deleted your post as I was writing mine, thus making look like a weinie. However I do not care, as I caught a bunch of fish on Thursday, have a hottie green-eyed blonde and have consumed an entire bottle of shiraz. So there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:13 am 
Walleye Master

sorry man, i was editing my post, and for some reason it deleted it...

the gist of it was, as you read, we did well today in the east winds...the did however switch to the north around 2pm, your correct. we did pretty good for numbers, especially in the conditions.....for a day trip, we're just lucky to have gotten into a few....you did well on your day trip....i noticed that pike....thats an awesome surprise. Good job!

but yes as for today, it was an east wind, and wet and chilly east wind....i think a few other reports will show up, as i did see a few other boats with nets overboard. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:53 am 
Walleye Angler

Come on down to your local power squadron, take the weather coarse ,pull up the analysis charts or just look at the sky and make your own predictions.
Its the best $ you'll ever spend because you'll use it every day.

Came in last night, high solid cloud around the moon= I get to sleep in.

banner ad