Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nov 10 -12 report
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:34 am 
Walleye

First thanks to all who contribute!

Now is my chance. Sorry this is so late but I was waiting for the pictures from the other guys. One day I have to buy a digital!

After arriving on Friday, we stopped for breakfast.
After launching we headed over to the cement plant to check it out. Some fish marked but all stuck to bottom and nothing happening on the rods. 2 change ups and nothing so off to the ferry we go. We spent the rest of the day trolling up the south shore line to opposite the light house. Again fish on the finder but nothing marked in the top 30'. We had to head in to meet the rest of the group at 4pm and not a hit.

Sat. what a change in the weather. Thank heavens for the sun burn we got on Fri. because the rain and 3' waves did the best it could to push us off the water. Half the group headed out to the ferry and I headed down to Pryters cove. The roof on our boat was both a curse and a blessing.
If it wasn't for the roof we would have given up early. But with the wind and high waves boat control was a bitch. We headed west and ended up meeting the rest of the group around the Batcave. After having time to think about it, boat control hurt us this day. The other boat had landed 2 fish and lost others, we were 0 for 3 at this point. Around 3pm 1 fish on long line out the back with firetiger HJ sacrificed him self. With the wind in our face we then pulled up and called it a day.
I have to give a shout out to the guys from http://www.gettinghooked.net not only did Barry tell us were to go but gave us the lure of choice.
Sunday was another windy day but the rain had stopped. The hole group head down too the Batcave/Pryteers run. Our boat only landed 4 fish but ya have to love the size of these fish. 8.5lbs to 12.7lbs. 3 of the fish came on the gold/red Mooselock spoon off the leadcore. The fourth off Blueberry Muffin.
The other boat made my day tho. Both guys landed thier PB 3 times. They landed 6 walleye and they kept getting bigger and bigger. Taking friends out to catch PB has it's rewards! All the fish came on Clown pattern of the boards. One bonus fish for them was a nice laker.

Again Barry thanks for your hospitallity. Not only did you give us the lure but Peters son just loves the hat. I must also give a thanks to the staff at CJ's pizza. The breakfast's and service was great, one day we will try the pizza.

If I get pictures for the guys I will post them.
Now I have to get the guys to go again this year.

Safety First,
Jack

Post subject: Great Report
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:34 am 
Site Admin

OrangePeal,
Great report and some good info about the spoon. How deep do you figure you were running the spoon with the leadcore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:52 am 
Walleye

I know you have more but congrats on 500 posts.

According to Pression Trolling Deep water, the spoon was in the 25' to 35' range. With the winds we were pulling allot of s turns on the boards. Got to love that rise and fall of leadcore!

Safety First,
Jack