Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:23 pm 
Walleye

Went out 3 weekengs ago put in at deseronto and went to cement plant,hay bay area and didn't get a thing did some jigging with minnows and trolling with mann stretch 20's ??My brother went as well in his boat so between the 4 of us nothing,went back to deseronto bridge jigged for a while no luck.Following weekend stayed local BLVL. area and some success jigging again got three no personel best but some eaters for sure.Last weekend stayed local same place jigged with minnows my partner got a nice pike of the hop and after that nothing (well perch) by no eyes.It's frustrating seeing the pictures of the personel best people are pulling in and i'm not having much success<will try again this weekend on sunday not sure to head to picton harbour and area again looks to be hit and miss but i would give anything to get a big hog on, i don't think this will happen if i stay local.Looks like the weather is going to drop and may even have a few flurries sunday,Will post if any success,FALL FISHING WHAT A RUSH OR A BUST ?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:21 am 
Walleye Angler

Don't give up yet - you have to keep on keepin' on. I've been out three times so far this year. The first we were skunked, the second we kicked ass with eight beauties, and the third we were almost skunked, with but a single fish to show for our efforts.

What can I say? Some days they hit, some days they don't. YOUR DAY WILL COME! Just keep on keepin' on.

I'm going caving next week in Kentucky, so my dad and I will return the following week.

In our boat, which currently sits in my dad's driveway. With all our fishing tackle, which currently sits in my dad's van if he ever brings it back to me! Sheesh.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:56 am 
Jumbo Perch

I think it is great that you and your Dad can go fishing together ...like SuperDad and his Dad. Fathers can play such a role in cultivating fishing interest in their children. As a father of a 5 year old Girl and 3 year old Boy I am doing my best to get them to appreciate the outdoors and leave the TV behind once in a while. So far they have shown interest and each has their own fishing rod. They love to fish with creatures,plastics .My father unfortunately had no time for fishing or much else given he was so busy working all the time (too much!)Now when I get a chance I not only go out with my children fishing but my buddies as I often find the jokes, camaderie are just as much fun as the pictures we take once in a while when somebody does catch a nice one.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:55 am 
Walleye Wisdom

You got that right, Replica...couldn't agree more!

Cheers :D

banner ad
 Post subject: freindship
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:41 am 
Walleye Angler

You guys are so rite. Keeping close with your kid and family is very important. So is the male camraderie. Some women have a hard time with men being close and having fun without them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:23 pm 
Walleye Angler

"Some women"

Only the insecure ones. The good ones "get" it, and even support it. They get the importance of fishing and stuff, and send us away with their blessing.

If only to get rid of us.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

Ain't that the truth. As long as we're not taking advantage of our spouses, a good wife blesses our time away doing what we enjoy. It's very important to our overall well being. Too many women have tried to subdue the hunter and gatherer in their spouse, more or less forcing them to be only consumed with family. That may be fine for awhile, but most guys aren't wired to handle that, and many a well intentioned woman has paid the price with a resentful husband. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of guys who think it's ok to take off whenever it suits them, that's not what I'm talking about. My spouse understands how I'm wired and just how important that time away on the water is to me as a person. Fishing is part of who I am. A break from the stresses of everyday life makes us better dads, husbands and people. No, I'm not kidding! Guys are wild at heart! And wives, you'll be better off if you foster that in us, and let us get out there. I better move on before I get myself in trouble. Cheers!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:45 pm 
Walleye Angler

Weedman,

If she is your first wife, you are lucky.
If she is your second wife, you are smart.
If she is your third wife, you are broke.

I suffered through the unsympathetic-to-fishing first wife for twelve years. However my Post-Divorce Renaissance began in 1994, and believe me - I have been making up for lost time.

If there's ever a second one, I'll be smart.

banner ad
 Post subject: On the water
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:59 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Yes, I agree, after a trip on the water , i feel like a different person back on shore and it makes me a more patient spouse/dad...all that stress has left... the inner peace of drifting or trolling on the Lake with nothing to focus on except the tip of your rod or your tackle box or a joke of a friend on board. Fishing and Hunting are some of the oldest sports around and they must have been around that long for a reason. I am a water sign in the zodiac system and the stress level definately goes down just driving by a shoreline let alone getting out on the boat.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

Pete: your rite!!! But it depends how much you fish.

There are a few good ones out there. I'm lucky I have one.

If I were you I'd stay single. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

banner ad