Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:39 pm 
Walleye

Sorry I missed my report last night but I missed it for two reasons. #1- I had my fly-fishing group club meeting last night and it was packed in here and I did not get out of here until after midnight. #2- I also wanted to wait until I got back some reports of other areas that we have been fishing and checking out.
Now for the good news. Our areas are safe and we have fish on them, there is a nice batch of them sitting in two of the areas and one area is jamming with them. In fact the one area is so jammed that you can hardly get your jig down to the bottom and you’re on to another one. Most of the fish in this area are small. But with the way things went in past years their either going to leave and it will become tough to find fish or the big ones will move in with them. With the types of currents we are having this year I’m speculating that they will stay. When you come in for your bait I’ll be more than happy to help put you on to some of these areas. The usual areas that people are fishing at this time are still producing fish. Today they were slamming the baits not playing with them.
I have 8000 minnows coming in tomorrow at 12 noon so I should be good with these and what I now have on hand for the weekend. My stock is coming in on a daily basis and with the big delivery I have coming in tomorrow I will be well equipped with your needs.
Anyone that is heading this way for the weekend please drive with caution and arrive safe and sound and be ready to have some great fishing.
We have had some reports of garbage left behind on the ice from some folks, so just remember to have another look around before you leave and let’s take it back with us and dispose of it in its proper place. If you can not find a proper place to dispose it,. please bring it to my store I would be more than happy to get rid of it for you.
Remember have fun be safe and bring back everything you took with you………Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for the report, very informative as always. I was looking forward to coming down tomorrow, but with the serious accident on the 401 between Cobourg and Grafton the 401 is closed creating havoc on the #2 making it next to impossible for me to make it. crap

banner ad