banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hi Everyone,

Well the storm on Saturday sort of set things back a bit and the bite has come back on yesterday afternoon and evening and went strong today. A couple of our customers and our staff member Glen Hales have been hitting the ice hard just lately and have produced some nice size walleyes. A hawg of 13 1/2 lbs. was caught and released as well as some 8 - 9 lbers released and a few in the 3 -5 lb range for eating. I will get the pics tomorrow morning when I get to work and post them.

They were fishing a couple of different places one being Point Anne which produced the big hawg and other areas are Peats Point and also coming from the George St. ramp. Another spot that is beginning to see some traffic is under the Belleville bridge where today I saw a couple of huts setup there for the first time and this place also yields some nice fish.

For some of you that are coming up on the weekend we are open at 7:00 am and Glen will be at the store working instead of fishing and he will be pleased to let you know all of the areas that he was fishing as well as what baits he was using. We do have a good supply of minnows and they are mostly mud minnows wth some shiners. Unfotunately I will be away this weekend and will not be able to join some of you out there on the ice.

The ice at Deseronto seems to be getting a little thin and in some areas I would not recommend going on the ice as a result of the currents being strong.

Remember to be safe and enjoy your experience.

Best regards
Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:55 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for the update. Coming down Sat. I'm pumped, first outing this year.

I had a thought that if your website had a map, your store would be easier for me and other out of towners to find. cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

middlewick wrote:
Thanks for the update. Coming down Sat. I'm pumped, first outing this year.

I had a thought that if your website had a map, your store would be easier for me and other out of towners to find. cheers.

Hi Middlewick,

I agree with you and we will be doing something to correct that. In the meantime here is a link to a google map to our store.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=l&hl=en&q= ... 82&iwloc=A

Best regards,
Sam

Post subject: BITE?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:08 am 
Minnow

5 of us headed out yesterday afternoon after stopping by to get some minnows. Went out off of Point Anne out in the middle between the west point and ox point. GOT SKUNKED(all of us). I'd like to know where the bite is . Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:03 am 
Walleye Angler

Hey Bandit,theres no secret to fishing on the Bay....go to where you see huts...drill your hole...drop a line in and keep pumping that pole up and down till you get a hit....sounds stupid and looks stupid but just wait till you get one on....Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:13 am 
Minnow

Been doing that and still no luck, guess were just not at the right place at the right time. Just have to keep trying.

banner ad