banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:46 pm 
Good work volunteers and the regional outdoor community in getting Springside Fish Hatchery operational (walleye). Hopefully there will be tours and ample opportunity for groups to enjoy this fine example of community work. Non profit and all volunteer. Operating effectively as of 9:30 PM tonight.

I am deeply saddened by the actions taken at Northport by OPSEU picketers and can understand more fully, why people from so many places and cultures hold select organizations and individuals with such little regard. An old friend of mine from Ompah was right in his assessment prior to passing away. We truly have allowed a system to be created that is not in our collective and long term outdoor interest.

An old proverb says something to the effect that victory can never trully be achieved when fighting an army with few resources, nothing to lose and absolute passion for what they do.

Get the passion back into resource management service. Volunteers should be cherished and encouraged, nothing less.

Tight Lines
Donald Stokes
Retired Hatchery Guy

Post subject: Springside...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:55 pm 
Minnow

Great news Don...thanks for the update..best quit my whining and get ready to do some work....Will keep you all posted with the progress...Netter :P

banner ad