Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:00 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:46 am 
Baitfish

LMckeown your not a selfish guy are you? There all yours right? Tell me you never kept your limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:15 am 
Walleye Angler

Wildman, never keep my limit of big ones. All mine? No never said they were. Selfish? I think not. Catch and release ? Yes.The fish in the first pic. are all prime spawners.

Post subject: fishdude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:01 am 
Goby

hey fishdude congrats on the catch,i think these guys are all just jealous becouse they cant catch fish.Anglers like us take small toll of the fish.Commerical fishing and natives should be the ones these guys are complaining about a couple fish we keep.I fish lake huron and erie and its hard not to run over a net they are all over the lakes. You know what they say if you dont got nothing nice to say dont say anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:31 am 
Walleye Angler

Ya that's it, we are just jealous because we can't catch any fish. :lol: Is that not true Batman?Hey guys 18 post's over this. I love it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:55 pm 
Walleye

First of all it appears that some assumptions were made that fishdude caught and kept all of the fish. In one of the picitures I see at least one other person. So in fact there may have been 2 or 3 guys fishing which means they only kept 2 or 3 fish each and even if there weren't, as long as he was within a legal limit, then cut him some slack. If he wants to keep some fish that is his right. As for the comments about people who catch a limit everyday and keep them all, then they are probably in violation of the fish and game act as they are over a possession limit. So I don't think those guys are in the same class as fishdude. I mysef like nothing better than a feed of walleyes. In fact this past weekend I kept a limit of walleyes from Quinte myself. I gave half of them to an older fishing buddy who is unable to get out this winter due health problems and I kept the other half to cook for my family and myself. Man were they good. Will I keep a limit this weekend if I am that lucky again? I really don't know. Probably not, but I will likely keep at least 1 or 2, if I am lucky enough to catch them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:12 pm 
Guppy

Fishindude, I get to fish Lake Erie too usually the Bass Island area when they get safe ice. I've fished BOQ in the fall from my boat but have never ice fished up there yet. I don't think the BOQ guys understand the differences in the two fisheries. This year on Lake Erie, 30 to 40 fish days have been the norm. Getting a 6 fish limit has been easy. Catching and releasing fish on Erie is also the norm. Sportfishing wheather from a boat in the Summer or ice fishing in the winter doesn't put a dent in the walleye population. Keeping a limit of walleyes to eat is just fine. Big walleyes, fish over 8lbs are past their prime for spawning and it doesn't hurt the fishery to keep a few. These are all facts that can be backed by the Fisheries Biologists. I think if you are fishing BOQ, the big females should be put back because its a different fishery. But on the other hand catching a limit to take home to eat should be okay too otherwise the MNR would change the rules if it were hurting the fishery. I'm talking about the smaller walleyes, not the big females. I guess the next time you want to post pictures of your successful walleye trip just show one or two 3 pounders and the same cry babies will whine about not being able to catch more. The thing that really affects the Lake Erie fishery is the Canadian Commercial Netters who rape the Lake every year. Just ask the guys about Erieau which was once the greatest walleye fishery around. Just my opinion. Lake Erie, where one keeper walleye feeds a family of four.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:12 pm 
Walleye

Good catch and I wish they were in my freezer. I have to drive to get to any pickeral grounds and if the trip is costing me $50 to $100 then the fish I catch by the pound (cleaned)are costing me 15 to 20 bucks.
I would catch and keep but once the limit is met, home I go. Not to continue and hope for a bigger one.

Post subject: Price per Pound
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:27 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Guys,

$20 per pound is fantastic in my books. I have a fully rigged Lund Pro-V with every gizzmo in the world including three Lowrance sonar GPS units. Who needs that many depth finders. This year I may need to add another one on the passenger console. Of course I had to colour match my truck with my boat. I have more fishing tackle than Quinte Outdoor Sports. I let 95% of my fish go back for another day. I bet if I worked out the price per pound for me its probably approaching $500 a pound. Maybe more.

BATMAN 8)

I think it would be better if we just all continue telling our fishing stories without the pictures that we all know will cause a reaction. What are we up too, 20 some posts. Best post for a while I think. Nothing like contraversy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:48 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey, it's been fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

Someone needs to put a picture of Bass on a stringer, that they have caught on this site. Then the real trash talking would start!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:23 am 
Walleye Angler

That would be funny, I did hear that a lad caught a nice lake trout in the long reach last weekend

Post subject: our resource
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:33 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey fisindude644. Job well done! keep what you want to eat and put the rest back as you have. Some individules have a hard time giving praise when a friend has great luck fishing. Excellent pictures and remember its our resource not Mr or Mrs L Mc keow's.
keep well and hope to see you on the soft water in the spring.
Snarfy AKA Walleyes only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:51 pm 
Walleye Angler

Snarfy. why in the heck do you think it's my resource? Jeez I just asked a question about did he always keep all his fish. Holy crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:59 am 
Walleye Angler

Caught my eye.. I’m jealous..

Reading the word “client” later on let some air out of it.. Are you guiding?? I was more impressed thinking you were a regular guy.

Nice work just the same fishindude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:42 pm 
Guppy

wow, nice pics!! most of the time the guys that complain about your awesome day are guys that catch squat.(jealous) Looks like you guys had a terrific day on the ice great job!!!!

banner ad