Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:35 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hidden Lake Maps
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:24 pm 
Walleye Fry

Hey, I'm looking for some lake maps. Where could I find maps of lakes up north? or even crown land with lakes on them. I was fishing on Deer Rock lake about 5 years ago, great bass fishing! I didn't know it even existed until my buddy drove me there. There's alot of great lakes north of the BOQ, just need a map to get there. Let me know if there's a website that sells them. Hopefully this helps others as well. later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:55 pm 
Walleye

i remember buying a map of lakes around bancroft in a book store there about 10 years ago, i think the store might be gone though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

few years ago when i first heard about quinte
i tried a google search
i got more info than one can imagine
try
maps lakes canada
see what happens
bluedog

Post subject: books and maps
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

The best single book I have seen is called Backroads Maps. Look for the Eastern Ontario edition, and yes this should be something that can be googled. Your cost should be about $20. I have a considerable amount of them for both Ontario and BC and find it to be a nice overview, with the primary weakness being road or trails featured.

Other options are individual topo's which are getting harder to find given the governments change in direction in handling this information. Still another is a map built into a GPS like say a Garmin.

Drilling down with information is tough, especially given that there are so many lakes north of Belleville-Kingston. It requires a special touch and far more information than what is available and what has been available to this point in regards to all outdoor pursuits.

If you want to get the book, you will have a very good source of general information. This will have to be supplemented if one wants to get serious.
Hopefully this is of some assistance.

Donald Stokes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:40 am 
Walleye

Try the Adventure Maps website, www.adventurefishingmaps.on.ca.
They have hundreds of detailed fishing maps, not topo, for this area including the BOQ.

I've got DeerRock and many others around the area, they're an invaluable tool to bass fisherman. Maps run six to eight dollars and most can be purchased laminated(great to leave in the boat). I find them to be a great investment if you want to hit new lakes.

Take the grandkids fishin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:50 am 
Walleye

SHHHHH . . . DeerRock is a secret! :D

Definatly one of the best places for bass. And pike in the winter!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:09 pm 
Walleye Angler

Believe me Toddy, deer rock is no secret. You should have been there 10 years ago. When we were leaving one tome we saw some locals with a stinger of 3 to 5 lbs. bass.

Good Fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:55 pm 
Walleye Master

sounds like lingham lake.

Post subject: Backroads maps
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

I am around outdoor "stuff" 365 days of the year....you do not know me....but trust me.....this is the book to buy for Eastern Ont. at this juncture in time. I have seen better for other areas of Canada on a very specific regional basis, but this is the best. The only weakness of this is the fishing information could be better.... but it is the best we have got up to this point for a low cost format. website, ISBN, etc. included.

Regards
Donald Stokes

Backroad Mapbook: Eastern Ontario
ISBN: 0-9685611-3-6
Online Price: $17.95
Dimensions: 21.5cm x 28cm (8.5" x 11")
Pages: 108
Regional Cities: Peterborough, Belleville, Kingston, Cornwall, Ottawa, Renfrew, Bancroft

Eastern Ontario stretches from the highlands of Bancroft all the way to the lowlands of the St. Lawrence River. The region is the hidden gem of outdoor recreation in southern Ontario, with beautiful scenery, endless lakes, rivers and trails all waiting to be discovered. With the Eastern Ontario Backroad Mapbook you can discover some of the best outdoor retreats found in the province.

Toll Free 1-877-520-5670 F.604-438-3470
Email: info@backroadmapbooks.com Home:http://www.backroadmapbooks.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:54 pm 
Walleye

steve-hamilton wrote:
sounds like lingham lake.

I'll second that....

I have not been in there since about 98 or 99.

For being somewhat of a remote lake, it sure took a pounding, and I can assume the fishing pressure has only increased since then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:05 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Instead of telling people about Lakes over a public board let them do there own legwork. I have found 3 lakes by reading /driving/the web....but it takes time. I`ve found one of the best ways was going to google and satalite images, bounce back and forth from maps to Sat. images and you can find all kinds of lakes and even see some of the roads in to them.
All I`m saying is let some of them find info with there own hard work and time. The more the word gets out on some of these lakes the worse the fishing will get. Lingham isn`t near what it use to be.
teppy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:08 am 
Walleye Wisdom

My freind has a home on Bob's Lake......Westport side. Last week, he had someone park on his driveway....it's a long driveway and looks abandoned.

He blocked them in until they came back. They had been looking thru maps for potential ice fishing places and found his area. The map showed a trail that they figured would let them on the lake but it was the snow mobile trail that didn't have lake access so they walked down his drive way.

When he spoke with them, he basically asked them to leave and not return. Personally, I found his attitude a bit much and he should have been friendlier (which we talked about over a few pints :) ) but as he's pointed out, it's gotten to the point that people have had the nerve to attempt to put in their boats in at his ramp during the summer and it's getting worse.

So although I agree that finding out for yourself is key, a good outing and the best for keeping a low profile that may help the lakes pressure, having a forum like this is helpful for confirming access routes, parking etc.

This isn't aimed at any comment or issue. I wanted to share this recent happening of my buddies as a caution and also I wanted to pass along that I appreciate all the information I've been given over the years from this forum. Thanks to everyone for their posts.

......I can't wait till more are coming in from opening weekend. :D

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Hidden Lake Maps
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:01 pm 
Goby

Jutty wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for some top Map of dale hollow lake. Where could I find maps of lakes up north? or even crown land with lakes on them. I was fishing on Deer Rock lake about 5 years ago, great bass fishing! I didn't know it even existed until my buddy drove me there. There's alot of great lakes north of the BOQ, just need a map to get there. Let me know if there's a website that sells them. Hopefully this helps others as well. later!

Hello Jutty,
You can get lake map of up north easily on http://www.obxstore.com.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:23 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

A 10 year old post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:53 pm 
Guppy

Should try the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry website or google Fish ON-Line Interactive Map. I'm from the Ottawa area and it shows me at least a hundred lakes that the ministry stocks with rainbows, brook trout, lake trout and splake. I click on the lake I'm looking to fish and it tells me max depth, all species in that water, if its stocked or not and how many fish are put in over the last few seasons. I do believe that map would apply for your area as well.

Hope it helps out
Good Luck

banner ad