banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: The reel report!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:58 am 
Sorry for the false report on Saturday. The boys lied to me so I would get my ass up there for Sunday....guess they needed my wisdom since they actually got skunked!! lol Well we or should I say "me" caught 2 on Saturday 9 and 11 on the Dr. himself. Very strange how the fishing has slowed down. Either you need to catch them with a different presentation or they are hiding under the ice?? Any ideas??

Post subject: my past experience
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:53 pm 
I think they head under the ice as well as hang out along aldophus reach in the deep stuff. The reason I say this is because last season the ice fishing was tough because of dangerous ice conditions. The guys who did manage to make it out were reporting a tough bite. One of the ice hut operators here was able to get out a number of times through out the ice season and brought along an aquaview camera. They never saw a walleye all season. They saw lots of other stuff but no eyes. The last week of Feb when they dropped the camera down to have a look they spotted lots of eyes. The fishing was hot that week. It was like a huge school came in. So it seems they had migrated in but where were they earlier??

Post subject: less than honest
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:27 am 
I must apologize seeing as I was telling the lies that resulted in oleprincecraft2 posting off base reports (how was I to know he would hop right on the board, post, and run out the door) :lol: (refering to the they are slaying them!!! post) It was a most unfortunate day (Saturday) windy, cold, skunked, other boats reporting nothing; and imagine your trusty fishing partner sitting at home on the couch in front of the fire with his new honey. What was I to do? Tell him the truth? Hell no... tell him lies, get him moving. He was on the road within an hour of the call - blasting down the 401 to get in on the hot bite.

Anyways... we had a good laugh when he showed up at the bar. Watched the game, had a good night on the town in Picton and met some great locals.

................he got the last laugh, picked up 2 on Sunday - me still skunked. More than likely that will be our last trip for the year -unless I buy her a ring for Christmas. Next trip will more than likely be on top of the ice, or on the Niagara bar in the new year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:18 pm 
That's about the funniest damn thing I've read here!

I wonder how many other idiots ran out into the misery?

Sheesh.

Had I been closer, I surely would have been one of those idiots!

So 'fess up - who else ran for their boats based on that report?!

Post subject: Ha ha
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:33 pm 
You fargin ah sneeky bastage of a corksoaker!!!