banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:21 pm 
I am looking to buy a battery for my Electric motor, what would be the best battery to buy? One that would almost give me a full day of trolling for walleye.

Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:23 pm 
How many lbs of thrust does the motor have ,and is it a maximizer. :?:

Post subject: I am a liar
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:40 pm 
Get a deep cycle for trolling motor applications. Get the largest minutes of reserve you can find. Other than that a battery is a battery as far as lead acid types are concerned.Most of the batteries on the market are made by three major O.E.M. manufacturers. Steego is one of these O.E.M,s and there batteries are about 30% cheaper with their name on it than one of the name brands they manufacture for. The key to long deep cycle life is a good 10 amp charger,regular top ups with distilled water and make sure you drain them down and recharge them at least twice over the winter when not in use.

Post subject: batteries
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:38 pm 
Walleye Catcher

There is only one rule with batteries. You can never have too much capacity!
I use trojan scs225 deep cycle model. A group 31 size. It's BIG[about 65lbs]. More battery than i need but it has lasted 4 years so far and no sign of a problem. I fish at least 3 times a week during the peak season. I coild easily get 2 days hard use out of this battery. However remember to always recharge a deep cycle battery as soon as you are done with it for the day. This keeps a deep cycle battery in top shape. Also as stated before keep it properly filled with ONLY distilled water.
My cranking battery when it goes will probably be replaced with a trojan also....Larry

banner ad