Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:53 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have an aquaintence that is fishing a flyfishing tournament of some sort, that would like to know "what are people doing to go to the washroom" when on their boat. I seem to recall that most tournaments have a rule forbidding leaving the boat while participating, and I forget....as to what the heck people actually do.

Your comments will be helpful in assisting this fellow "get prepared" (hopefully there will be some serious ones).

Regards
Donald Stokes

Post subject: head to the marina
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

Don,
This is rule number 18 of the Quinte Fishing Series. "Competitors may obtain fuel or repairs from marinas or use washroom facilities providing one (1) member remains in the boat. Obtaining rods/reels, bait (live or otherwise), information or food from marinas, tackle stores or bait shops is not permitted."

Most tournament organizations have a similar rule. Of course passing the morning constitution before heading out is a big help. :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:

banner ad
 Post subject: How to pee from the boat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:42 pm 
Baitfish

Funny topic. I usually fish with my wife. Yes, I have no male friends who like to fish so I lug her along. She's a good sport about the whole thing. Even tells me she likes it.

Anyway, on our last trip to BoQ last week, we were just talking about how she's become an expert at peeing off the side of the boat. I don't event have to stop trolling she's so good at it. Forget about going to shore. She has a technique she's developed over the years. She's never fallen in the water either. For a guy, it's no big deal. Imagine a woman. Toilet paper in one hand, pants down and carefully balancing on the edge of an rocky aluminium row boat. All the while trying not looking conspicuous amongst to myriad of other boats nearby. It's an art I tell you. :)

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:05 am 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for writing up the copy of the rule Dan. It is a unique albeit common item I suppose, that one never seems to talk or think about..... till one gets ...... the urge.

Donald Stokes

banner ad
 Post subject: re: bathroom for woman
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:07 am 
Guppy

Hi, as a woman fisherman.. and in tournaments... My friend mentioned that she used a poncho.. so I went and bought a dark blue one, throw it over my head and use a small pail.. no one can see anything, i love the idea... Im sure many woman will. Hope this helps.. Joany

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 am 
Walleye Wisdom

My girlfriend does the over the boat thing....I'll have to tell her about the poncho. Thanks. :)

If I may add here, only cause it's tournament related....

I was reading a forum post a while ago regarding people sticking around (fisher people) after the weigh in and how very few do it and that it can be considered an insult and rude.

I have been fortunate to fish the QFS this year and having the time of my life. The organizers are top notch...always there to help, make you laugh and keep everyone on track. Kudos to ALL OF THEM and THANKS!

The last 2, I've stayed til the very end, mainly because of the support. The past event, I started thinking of this question and why so many people do leave and I think I now have an idea why...this is only my take on it so please don't be offended.

After getting to the launch for 5:30am to beat the rush, putting the boat in and getting ready for the blast off at 7, I know myself, other than the adrenaline, I'm feeling tired already. Then, standing all day in a boat and flipping for bass in the hot sun, or pounding around the bay at full throttle, by the end, I'm wiped!

We head back in time for the weigh in around 4:00, get the boat out, all the gear back in the truck then stand on hot pavement for a couple of hours to see everyone come in to do the same.

I thinks it exhaustion that prevents many for staying...I know for my self, by this time, I'm beat. I want to be around to watch and clap for those doing well and at the mic. It's really cool to see and Pete always adds in anicdotes as well as those that fished and are talking to the crowd.

I'm not saying it isn't worth it and hey, tournament fishing is the rush I've been looking for all my life :)

I guess I'm saying.....it's just too bad we didn't have a better location with some shade, maybe a little grass to stand on or seating instead of hot pavement.

Belleville is getting a lot of tournaments and a much better location, other than the George St. ramp, would be ideal.

Cheers.

banner ad
 Post subject: QFS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

Legacey,
I have to agree with you. After we get the boat out i am wiped. By back is also hurting and standing around doesn't help. Bringing some lawn chairs to sit on does help. Soak your hat with cold water also helps to revive you. I guess it's how you feel that day. Parts of tournament fishing!!!!!!!!!!
Taking home a paycheck also helps. I do like to hear from the other guys on how their day was. 8) 8) 8)

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:31 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Maybe someday I'll have a pay out....either way, this is the greatest summer I've had. :D

I thought about bringing a chair but I have issues with people standing behind me when I'm sitting. I guess I'm a little paranoid that way :oops:

If you do see someone sitting on a lawnchair, holding up a mirror to see behind them, that's me :lol:

Cheers

banner ad
banner ad