Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:40 pm 
I noticed this on the Fishing News/ news section. It looks like there will soon be movement on the Bay of Quinte issue.

There have been some small but significant items to note happening on the sidelines..... how this will shake down...or better yet..... SHAKE UP..... I look forward to.

Does anyone in Peterborough know of a good person to update resumes... or perhaps dust off some long never used skills like serving the public or perhaps serving in another department or area where they cannot do so much damage by his or her bad leadership? I am sickened. by bad management and poor leadership.
ODG :wink:

Post subject: your post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:34 pm 
Dear sir,
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Don,t mean to sound rude. I,m interested in all Bay of Quinte issues,
environmental, fishing etc.
No one is peeking through your shower curtain so (you can) please elaborate.
Wulf

Post subject: your post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:37 pm 
Dear sir,
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Don,t mean to sound rude. I,m interested in all Bay of Quinte issues,
environmental, fishing etc.
No one is peeking through your shower curtain so (you can) please elaborate.
Wulf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:31 am 
Hi wulffy:
Sorry I did not tie in the article itself....I do not know how.....lol. And no I do not like peeking in the shower....lol. I believe that another gentleman (was close to same day in posting and is listed on message board) has put in the correct tie in via a url post.

I simply have little faith in the integrity of the system as it is currently run, and see the single best option for this area as being a wholesale or select personnel change in HQ. management, and/or policy makers. The recent articles and meetings over the last few months (eg. most recently the whitefish harvest by commerical fisherman; local MPP fellow named Parsons has repeatedly challenged the same areas) have reinforced this. This area deserves better service. The staff are not the problem.

Having said that, I did like the suggested model introduced with a stakeholders group similar to what is done on Lake Nippissing (crossection of the regioanl community; seems to be as well respected as one could expect with regards to regulations, harvest concerns. If it is done without the power to be fully recognized and listened to.... it is a wasted task.
ODG

banner ad